PDA

View Full Version : Tell me this is not Bull

winky51
02-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Played 14 tournaments today, no-limit. Played very well and I felt I had the best hand going in and on the flop except once #10. I felt I made only 3 mistakes.

I placed 1st in one and 3rd in another thats it. Now you let me know if these final hands are bad luck or not.

The blinds were in the range of 200-400 or 300-600 at each of these tournaments. $30 games

Tournament

#1 6th place: Lost final hand of Ks Kc to 6s 8h BOARD (8d 3d Jh 6s Qs)
called my all in on flop

#2 No cards got blinded, lost to AA final hand

#3 4th place: Lost final hand of As Ks to Ac Jh BOARD (Ts 9c 8h 7h 2s)
He raise PF I put him all in, he called.

#4 4th place: Lost final hand of Ac Qh to Qs 2s BOARD (5s 3s Th Kd 2c)
He called my all in preflop

#5 1st place because everyone kocked each other out. Was short stack with 6 to go. Outplayed my last opponent heads up with 3x more chips than me.

#6 party poker crashed when I was chip leader with 2800 chips with 4 people left *SIGH*

#7 4th place: Chips leader stole my blinds 4 times in a row when I had trash.
5th hand I finally had ATs, he had AKs, I lost. Was short stacked at that point.

#8 5th place: Lost final hand of Ac Kc to Ks 6c BOARD (Qd Td 6h 3c 9h)
He called my all in preflop.

#9 4th place: Lost final hand of Jd Js to As 6s BOARD (6c 3s 6h Ks Tc)
He called my all in preflop.

#10 3rd place: Lost final hand of Ac Qs to As 6d BOARD (5s 9h 2s Ks 7s)
He raised PF I called by accident when I meant to go all in. Checked all the way down I put in my last 800 he called. He had the better flush.

#11 Made a mistake cuz I was steamed and lost early.

#12 4th place: Lost final hand of 5h 5c to Ac 5s BOARD (7h 2d Th Ah 7d)
He called my preflop raise, then called my all in on the flop. Him #2 2400 chips, Me #3 1900 chips

#13 Was chip leader and handed 4 bad beats of 5 hands to the turn or river to suck my chips away.

#14 10th place: 2nd hand in game Ah Kh to 6s 6h BOARD (5d 5c Kd 7c 6s)
I raised PF, he reraised, I called. He went all in on flop without thought and I called. We had same chips.

In each case I was sure I was a head on the flop except hand #10. I was reading my opponents dead on. Very frustrating having days like this.

spentrent
02-09-2005, 12:37 AM
DO NOT WRITE THIS CRAP DOWN AND RISK REMEMBERING IT.

No one's out to get you; please remove the tinfoil hat. Life goes on.

EDIT: Read the variance thread!

Shorty35
02-09-2005, 12:40 AM
I had the same day.

It means a rush is right around the corner.

spentrent
02-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Last WEEK was like this for me. Today and yesterday I'm 45% ITM and 9, NINE, 9% ROI and I am HAPPY.

AtticusFinch
02-09-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I placed 1st in one and 3rd in another thats it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come back when you have a real bad day. In fact, come back when you have a real bad month. This is absolutely meaningless.

Mr_J
02-09-2005, 12:48 AM
I had the same sort of results my last session. Lost with a couple of higher pairs, a guy who made a higher boat on the river, a couple of draws and maybe 3-4 hands where I dominated. That's poker.

spentrent
02-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Wow your edit to "month" made this REALLY foreboding. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Michael C.
02-09-2005, 12:53 AM
I went through a period worse than that a few months ago, like everyone else here has. I handled it horribly, but just calling/raising on anything the next week, and probably breaking even during that time (caught great cards) when I could have gotten a lot of it back. So lately I've managed to separate myself from bad beats a lot more and go onto the next tournament. That was a huge leak in my game, and hopefully I've fixed it. Getting knocked out the same way in many tournaments the same day can be frustrating as hell, but part of the online game, and if you're playing well, no problem. In my case, easier said than done though...

AtticusFinch
02-09-2005, 12:58 AM
lol gotta represent

The Yugoslavian
02-09-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It means a rush is right around the corner.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. Do you see why? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

Daliman
02-09-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I placed 1st in one and 3rd in another thats it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come back when you have a real bad day. In fact, come back when you have a real bad month. This is absolutely meaningless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, i guess this means I could bitch-post again!

GimmeDaWatch
02-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Dude, this is total bull!!!!!!!!!!!! So yesterday on level 1 I raise from EP to 60 w/AA, short-stack moves in for 250, guy behind him min-re-raised to 300 and change, folded back around to me and I move in for 700, re-raiser calls. Short stack has KK, re-raiser has AA. Short stack spikes a K on the Turn, but its ok Ill split the sidepot, but re-raiser hits his four flush on the river. That was TOTAL BULL!!!! Did I play it ok????????

winky51
02-09-2005, 02:29 AM
Wow that is total bull. i dont feel so bad now.

I had my KK beat by 99 once like this

Flop K55, 9, 9.

niin
02-09-2005, 02:33 AM
Wow, you mean the best starting hands can lose in poker?

Rigged!

Mr_J
02-09-2005, 03:11 AM
In the space of 20 minutes, I just got 6 AK, 3 QQ, 1 KK and 3 AA.

1 AA was folded around, 1 AA was busted by T7, and the other doubled me up (although I later lost 1/3rd on AK).

The KK doubled me up.

2 QQ were reraised out of the pot preflop (no doubt by inferior cards). 1 QQ was folded around.

1 AK doubled me up, one was folded around, one busted me and the other 3 had me reraised preflop.

I got outdrawn on several steals (usually my Ax vs a face card with x).

Doesn't annoy me though, just makes me realize how bad the average player is, and how much money I will make off them.

lorinda
02-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Don't ever let reading 2+2 delude you into thinking poker is not a game involving luck.

It is very easy when you feel you have a great grasp of the game to start thinking that you should be unbeatable.

There is one thing in your post that can benefit you greatly however.

I felt I made only 3 mistakes.

Work on those. They are infinitely more important than the rest of your post.

Other than that, I hope it turns around for you soon.

Winky51: Vent posts remaining 0/1

Lori

MagnoliasFM
02-09-2005, 03:59 AM
This is not Bull.

There. I told you.

Mr_J
02-09-2005, 04:44 AM
It's funny how variance seems to go against you when it's happy hour at party poker (the play on there for the last 2 hours has been terrible).

24/29 otm. Feel like I'm playing well, just a case of nothing going my way.

drexah
02-09-2005, 11:38 AM
i really hate those days...yesterday i had one of them...Found out i was somehow overdrawn -160 in my checking account..lost 4 buyins at 25nl three times having the best hand when all in, and at my home game on the bubble losing AA to AKo...(yes, he rivered a flush)

ReDeYES88
02-09-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, this is total bull!!!!!!!!!!!! So yesterday on level 1 I raise from EP to 60 w/AA, short-stack moves in for 250, guy behind him min-re-raised to 300 and change, folded back around to me and I move in for 700, re-raiser calls. Short stack has KK, re-raiser has AA. Short stack spikes a K on the Turn, but its ok Ill split the sidepot, but re-raiser hits his four flush on the river. That was TOTAL BULL!!!! Did I play it ok????????

[/ QUOTE ]

Horrible play on your part. It should have been obvious to you that when the third player min-re-raised a short stack push that he was holding AA. Come on, how long have you been playing cards?

A good player knows enough to muck their hand when the opponent is holding AA preflop. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AtticusFinch
02-09-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I felt I made only 3 mistakes.

Work on those. They are infinitely more important than the rest of your post.

Other than that, I hope it turns around for you soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winky, ignore the sarcastic remarks from the curmudgeons on this board (including myself) and follow Lorinda's advice.

My earlier post was actually well-intended despite its tone. The run of cards is nothing to be concerned about. The 3 mistakes are. The fact that you took note of them bodes well for your future as a player.

Best of luck.