PDA

View Full Version : The Word On The Street

Pages : 1 [2]

fnord_too
02-09-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bump

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! This is approaching forum art, I honestly can't stop laughing.

Ulysses
02-09-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The fact that you guys are all still arguing over this after this post makes you all look really stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stu Pidasso
02-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm not going to bother to read the entire thread. From what I have read I formulate the following opinion

Strictly speaking, GOT lost the prop bet and owes El Diablo the $500.

El Diablo violated the spirit of the prop and my repect for him has lessened. I suppose I will need to tread carefully around El Diablo should I ever have any dealings with him.

Stu

nolanfan34
02-09-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bump

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! This is approaching forum art, I honestly can't stop laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the bump was the best post in the thread.

Kudos Homer.

Wayfare
02-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Is posting +1 against the forum guidelines?

Shajen
02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
I like icecream.

Ulysses
02-09-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am very serious on this point. To those of you who think it is outrageous and despicable to use a boggle solver to win a boggle bet, I really hope that you don't use computer aids like PokerTracker/PokerView/GameTime/etc to help you play poker better than your opponents. Someone said that in the game of Weboggle there is an expectation that the players will come up with the words simply by looking at the board and coming up with words from their own mind.

Well, in the game of poker then, there is an expectation that you will be coming up with the plays based on your own experience. Not that a computer tool is going to assist you in figuring out what type of hand your opponent most likely has and what his most likely action will be. Those of you who find the use of a boggle tool in this game to be so morally repulsive, I hope none of you use any of these tools in online poker. But I suspect many of you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to say that this a terrible analogy. A program that provides analysis of your own game and your opponent's game does not, in any way, shape, or form, equal using a program to take in the current situation and tell you what to do.

I think you know this is wrong and that's why you went back and made the football analogy of steroids for non-illegal supplements.

Whatever, this thread IS stupid, but El Diablo, you seem pretty pompous and uncool. Also, the get the cock out of your mouth before you choke line to Daryn made me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should re-read my post and figure out why you are wrong. Nowhere did I say that PokerTracker/PV/GT/etc was just as bad as using a Boggle solver. I did, however, say that those displaying such moral indignation over this situation should take a hard look at themselves if they are playing a game using computer tools/aids to give them an edge where many of their opponents are under the assumption that they are just playing poker.

daryn
02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I like icecream.

[/ QUOTE ]

dumbest post in this thread.

yeah guys, i guess it sucks "having el d's cock in my mouth" all the time, but hey, i like to be correct. is it my fault that he is always correct as well?

pshreck
02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i guess it sucks "having el d's cock in my mouth"

[/ QUOTE ]

gross

Shajen
02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like icecream.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it to be perfectly on par with the rest of the drivel being posted in this thread.

Marnixvdb
02-09-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"When the timer starts, each player searches the assortment of letters for words of three letters or more (four or more on the 5x5 board). When you find a word, type it into the blank and press the ENTER key."

Diablo did not do that. He cheated.

[/ QUOTE ]

hoyaboy, please explain how using an engine to search for the words is breaking that specific rule.

Wayfare
02-09-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like icecream.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah guys, i guess it sucks "having el d's cock in my mouth" all the time, but hey, i like to be correct. is it my fault that he is always correct as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

During the bunkfest NYC trip, we were sitting around the table when the ElDiablo McDonalds commercial came on. We shouted Ole! and then someone remarked that ElD takes corporal form as a short little indian guy. Does the devil really take such physical form?

Tyler Durden
02-09-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All i know about the situation is what has come up in this thread.

I think what El Diablo alleged to do is sick. No Hounour, No integrity.

I think all those that hang off El Diablo's cock would have a big change in opinion if GoT had done it to El D.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Best post of the thread and I agree 100%, esp. with that last sentence. Good job killer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing to do with El D severely pwning you in your Jennicide chat-up tread?

[/ QUOTE ]

He 'severely pwned' me? Are you like in the seventh grade?

Ulysses
02-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Diablo unmasked.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/sleepboxer/al.jpg

offTopic
02-09-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

During the bunkfest NYC trip, we were sitting around the table when the ElDiablo McDonalds commercial came on. We shouted Ole! and then someone remarked that ElD takes corporal form as a short little indian guy. Does the devil really take such physical form?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.chrisnu.com/s8/gal/badlaa/Screenshot034.jpg

Macdaddy Warsaw
02-09-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am very serious on this point. To those of you who think it is outrageous and despicable to use a boggle solver to win a boggle bet, I really hope that you don't use computer aids like PokerTracker/PokerView/GameTime/etc to help you play poker better than your opponents. Someone said that in the game of Weboggle there is an expectation that the players will come up with the words simply by looking at the board and coming up with words from their own mind.

Well, in the game of poker then, there is an expectation that you will be coming up with the plays based on your own experience. Not that a computer tool is going to assist you in figuring out what type of hand your opponent most likely has and what his most likely action will be. Those of you who find the use of a boggle tool in this game to be so morally repulsive, I hope none of you use any of these tools in online poker. But I suspect many of you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to say that this a terrible analogy. A program that provides analysis of your own game and your opponent's game does not, in any way, shape, or form, equal using a program to take in the current situation and tell you what to do.

I think you know this is wrong and that's why you went back and made the football analogy of steroids for non-illegal supplements.

Whatever, this thread IS stupid, but El Diablo, you seem pretty pompous and uncool. Also, the get the cock out of your mouth before you choke line to Daryn made me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should re-read my post and figure out why you are wrong. Nowhere did I say that PokerTracker/PV/GT/etc was just as bad as using a Boggle solver. I did, however, say that those displaying such moral indignation over this situation should take a hard look at themselves if they are playing a game using computer tools/aids to give them an edge where many of their opponents are under the assumption that they are just playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read and re-read your post, and I would have moral qualms about using a Boggle solver in what seemed like a, "Hey, let's play boggle, $100 a game" situation. It sounded more like a friendly competition with money on the line, rather than a competition for money using Boggle as the means to compete. I just don't understand the reason to use the Boggle Solver, win every game, and then keep saying "He owes me $500, but I won't ask him to pay".

I think you're wrong because, while repulsive is too strong a word, I find what you did angle-shooting at best, but find nothing wrong with myself or with anyone else using Pokertracker/Playerview, and obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks this. Most everybody seems to think that you did some angle-shooting but it was within reason of the prop bet, which is a perfectly reasonable opinion.

Finally and most importantly, how come nobody finds the fact that THIS is the way El Diablo wanted it solved instead of over private lines of communication kind of silly/stupid. I think that is some weak sauce, man.

razor
02-09-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't understand the reason to use the Boggle Solver, win every game, and then keep saying "He owes me $500, but I won't ask him to pay".

Finally and most importantly, how come nobody finds the fact that THIS is the way El Diablo wanted it solved instead of over private lines of communication kind of silly/stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing the point of the whole enterprise... don't worry about it too much, you aren't the only one...

Ulysses
02-09-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've read and re-read your post, and I would have moral qualms about using a Boggle solver in what seemed like a, "Hey, let's play boggle, $100 a game" situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am simply pointing out that some people have moral qualms about using assistance like PokerTracker when playing poker for money. I don't understand why you assume your moral qualms about Boggle are any more valid than their moral qualms about poker.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're wrong because, while repulsive is too strong a word, I find what you did angle-shooting at best, but find nothing wrong with myself or with anyone else using Pokertracker/Playerview, and obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. And as I said before, I know a number of people who feel that using those tools in poker is cheating, angle-shooting at best. You've made it quite clear that in your mind that using the Boggle solver is wrong, but using PokerTracker and other stuff like that is fine. It's nice to draw such a line between black and white to make you feel better about using computer tools to give you an edge against your opponents who are unaware they are playing against someone who has such an added advantage over them. But if you can't see that it is not a black and white issue, you are kidding yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally and most importantly, how come nobody finds the fact that THIS is the way El Diablo wanted it solved instead of over private lines of communication kind of silly/stupid. I think that is some weak sauce, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? I wanted what solved how? Please explain. Why do you feel the need to spout off about something you know nothing about?

El Cordobes
02-09-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you here. [censored].

Macdaddy Warsaw
02-09-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if a situation is unresolved, you don't call people out on it. making this post was a kneejerk response to "what happened," but it is clear that there is disagreement and a lack of communication on both parties. the bet was between GoT and diablo. any disputes should have been resolved between them, just as the bet was made between them with no 3rd-party interference. if GoT felt he was wronged, wanted to be vindictive, or whatever it was his and only his place to "tell on him." regardless of the outcome, you are lame and out of your jurisdiction schneids.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tried having a private convo with El D about this to make sure we were on the same page after the fact, and he made it very clear in that brief private chat that he wanted this thing hashed out in public. He refused to talk about it privately and only wanted to have it discussed in a public arena. Given that, Schneids was definitely not out of line posting this here, regardless of what his intentions were.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just going on this when I say what I said. Also, I don't think it's black and white and I don't think my qualms are any more valid than anybody elses. I DO, however, think I'm right more often than I think other people are right because, believe it or not, we're mostly running on opinion here and I'll probably never convince somebody of something contrary to what he believes in.

It just comes down to me thinking more people will find your use of the boggle solver wrong in comparison to me using PT/PV.

daryn
02-09-2005, 09:14 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
believe it or not, we're mostly running on opinion here

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't believe it

El Cordobes
02-09-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It just comes down to me thinking more people will find your use of the boggle solver wrong in comparison to me using PT/PV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course that will be true on this board. More people here have a vested interest in rationalizing the use of computer aids in poker as OK. Show and explain PT/GT/PV to a (non computer scientist) non-online-poker player and I bet they won't think it's 'right'.

Macdaddy Warsaw
02-09-2005, 09:21 PM
And I'm sure more of these same people will think the same of using a Boggle solver. I'm not saying that people won't think using PT/PV is wrong, but more people will say Boggle solver is wrong.

Ulysses
02-09-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I'm sure more of these same people will think the same of using a Boggle solver. I'm not saying that people won't think using PT/PV is wrong, but more people will say Boggle solver is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. You are now making the very point of mine with which you disagreed.

brassnuts
02-09-2005, 09:38 PM
I have a couple questions to those of you on either side of this argument, that I think are a central issue here. When agreeing to some form of competition, whether wagering is involved or not, is it implied that the participants should abide by the generally applied rules that sanction the said competition? Furthermore, should cheating always have to be allowed or barred from play before the competition begins?

I personally believe that players should stay within the confines of normal play and that cheating should be assumed prohibited unless otherwise specified.

Now, as for this particular case, I would really prefer to see the contract the players initially made before making any judgements. However, if, in fact, there was a stipulation to the effect of, "Gain as many points by any means necessary," then I think cheating was implicitly allowed in this competition, and, as ElD keeps putting it, GoT owes him $500.

I don't know where ElD is going with this. In this thread, he hasn't demanded payment, instead seamingly idly claims that he is owed money. Maybe he is just trying show that he is a better proposition bettor. Maybe he really intends on collecting. Maybe he's trying to teach us a lesson. Who knows?

Dantes
02-09-2005, 09:41 PM
You are a gd pussy if you don't immediatly demand payment in full.

Joe826
02-09-2005, 10:08 PM
i can't believe i wasted 40 minutes of my life on this thread. i think someone owes me $500.

Alobar
02-09-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't believe i wasted 40 minutes of my life on this thread. i think someone owes me $500.

[/ QUOTE ]

nongice626
02-09-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's really lame to basically turn bets into a "lets see who can weasel themselves into victory by some stupid technicality based on how we worded it."

[/ QUOTE ]

So then maybe GoT should stoop to El D's rules and pay him in Canadian dollars or some other $$ with an even lower rate of exchange.

I assume the deal also didn't state when the $$ had to be paid by. GoT should play by the rules and the spirit of the rules set out by ElD and pay him in 50 years when $500 buys you a stick of gum.

Perhaps they never stated how he would be paid. GoT can forward me the money and i will arrange for $500 in Canadian pennies to be sitting at my house for El D to arrange to have picked up. Im sure the rules never stated where he had to pay him.

Im sure we can come up with more prop bet angles to shoot El D style.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

MMMMMM
02-09-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, daryn, some choice of words there buddy.

I guess you could have said it blows instead of it sucks, but what the hey.

Boris
02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Disagree. If you think El Diablo is a cheat (and by the way he isn't; at least not in this case.) and you like to gamble, you should seriously start to consider whether or not you are an easy mark.

Joe826
02-09-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Disagree. If you think El Diablo is a cheat (and by the way he isn't; at least not in this case.) and you like to gamble, you should seriously start to consider whether or not you are an easy mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this directed at me? i just said the thread was worthless, which it is. it's obvious that people are incorrectly blurring the question of whether or not GoT owes Diablo $500 and whether or not Diablo is a bastard. the answer to both is obviously yes..

scotty34
02-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Agreed. A better analogy would be to form a bar bet, then use some sort of computer program that aligns the cue for you and strikes the cue ball at the correct velocity to knock the target ball into the pocket while properly setting up the cue ball for the next shot.

Voltron87
02-09-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this directed at me? i just said the thread was worthless, which it is. it's obvious that people are incorrectly blurring the question of whether or not GoT owes Diablo $500 and whether or not Diablo is a bastard. the answer to both is obviously yes..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he replied to your message instead of going to the top since yours it is the last in the list.

Macdaddy Warsaw
02-09-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ElD, even if this is the case, which it might be if I didn't understand your post correctly, you still haven't refuted GoT's statement that you wanted it to be settled on a public forum

Ulysses
02-09-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ElD, even if this is the case, which it might be if I didn't understand your post correctly, you still haven't refuted GoT's statement that you wanted it to be settled on a public forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. Give me a break. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

nongice626
02-09-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
El Diablo went down to Carpal /Tunnel,
He was looking for a prop bet to steal
He was in a bind cause he was way behind
And he was willing to make a deal
When he came across this young man
Playing some internet boggle and playing it hot
And El Diablo jumped up on a hickory stump
And said, "Boy" let me tell you what
I guess you didn't know it
But I'm a boggle player too
And if you'd care to take a dare
I'll make a bet with you
Now you played pretty good boggle, boy
But give El Diablo his due
I bet a rack of gold against your soul
Cause I think I'm better than you
The boy said "My name's GuyOnTilt
And it might be a sin
But I'll take you bet, your gonna regret
Cause I'm the best that's ever been"

GuyOnTilt warm up your pentium
And play your boggle hard
Cause hell's broke loose in Carpal/Tunnel
But El Diablo got some help
And if you win
You get this shiny rack of gold
But if you lose, El Diablo gets your soul

El Diablo opened up his browser
And he said "I'll start this show"
And fire flew from his finger tips
As he melted his keyboard
Then he opened a second browser window
And it made a evil hiss
And a band of demons joined in
And very shortly the game came to an end

When El Diablo finished Johnny said
Well you're, pretty good old son
But sit down in that chair right there
And let's play another one

Fire on the mountain run boys run
Diablo's in the house at the rising sun
chicken in the bread pan picking out dough
Granny does your dog bite no-child-no

GuyOnTilt bowed his head
Because he knew that he'd been beat
And he laid that rack of gold
On the ground at El Diablo's feet
GuyOnTilt said "El Diablo don't ever come on back
even if you ever want to try again
If I had done told you once, before you got so rich
Using electronic aids is cheating, you goddamn son of a bitch

Fire on the mountain run boys run
El Diablo's in the house at the rising sun
chicken in the bread pan picking out dough
Granny will your dog bite no-Child-no

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn nice work there man.

nongice626
02-09-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. If I wanted GoT to pay, would I ask him to pay me or would I wait until a day or two later when Schneids randomly posts some mention of this bet in OOT? It should be abundantly clear to anyone who can read, from GoT's messages alone, that I have to this point not asked GoT to pay me.

2. If I wanted to cheat GoT, would I come out of the gate with a score of 240 on a board where no human is likely to break 100?

3. Making prop bets without knowing exactly what you are getting yourself into is dumb.

4. I applaud GoT, who while he knows he got hoodwinked, owns up to owing the money.

5. Read daryn's posts about bar bets and other posts about Amarillo Slim-style prop bets.

6. I can't believe so many people still responded to this after James282's post.

7. Please point out someplace in this entire thread where I said GoT should pay me.

8. I can't believe so many people continued to respond after Marnixvdb explained the outcome of the first game.

9. I can't believe so many people are willing to take strong stands without knowing any other context, history, or background. Perhaps GoT and I make bets like this all the time and twist every rule. Perhaps GoT hoodwinked me for $500 the day before.

10. My analogies in this thread were great.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never wanted to bang someone for being so clever before, until tonight.

Ulysses
02-09-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When El Diablo finished Johnny said

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's this Johnny? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Still, very nicely done!

bcunha
02-10-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm shocked Diablo hasn't been banned from the IRC 2+2 channel yet for pretending to be a 13 year old with a vision of a world of just him and hot babes.

MaxPower
02-10-2005, 12:39 AM
El Diablo did cheat in the game, but I don't think that invalidates the bet.

GoT should thank El Diablo for teaching him a valuable lesson. If GoT intends to be professional gamber, he needs to learn how to take care of himself.

It was a cheap lesson, so he should be thankfull.

ethan
02-10-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am simply pointing out that some people have moral qualms about using assistance like PokerTracker when playing poker for money. I don't understand why you assume your moral qualms about Boggle are any more valid than their moral qualms about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible to lose money while using PokerTracker. If you can get a perfect score at Boggle, the best someone can do is tie you and they're unlikely to do that. I realize that you're not equating pokertracker with boggle-bot, but rather equating certain people disagreeing with the use of one or the other. Still, it's clearly been confusing the issue and I think you should have expected that. The proverbial "pattern map" is the closest analogue I can see in poker to the boggle solver, and I think the people currently arguing with you would agree that its use would be unethical.

If you know your audience, you try to convince them of your point, and they don't get it, it ain't their fault. That's why your analogy sucks.

(Note that I generally agree with you through this thread, but I think in this respect you could be doing a better job arguing your side of things.)

ethan
02-10-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
El Diablo did cheat in the game, but I don't think that invalidates the bet.

GoT should thank El Diablo for teaching him a valuable lesson. If GoT intends to be professional gamber, he needs to learn how to take care of himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just about exactly correct.

West
02-10-2005, 01:39 AM
From what I have read so far, I most definitely do not agree that GoT owes ElD money. If I were Judge Wapner in this case, from what I've personally read thus far, I would say that ElD owes GoT the money via forfeit, because otherwise his cheating would have resulted in a "freeroll" on GoT.

But I see there's another 100+ posts in the thread, and I don't feel like reading any more of em.

MMMMMM
02-10-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but will he be?

wacki
02-10-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Diablo is in a tough spot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough spot? GoT owes me $500. Simple as that. And if you think any supposed peer pressure from clowns in this thread is going to have an impact on anything I do, you're sorely mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, I'm sure you are generally a good guy, but I have a very difficult time respecting your views on this situation. GoT, isn't a lawyer. And if you intend to show a shred of respect to the man, he shouldn't have to be a lawyer either. He made a friendly wager with you. You knew what his intent was and you found a way to deny him the whole point of having a wager. GoT was robbed and I'm not talking about money. In the shades of gray, this is a dark gray and karma can be a bitch.

Good points about PT though. What games/stakes/sites do you play if you don't use PT?

GoT, El Diablo taught you a valuable lesson. If it was me, I would pay up. But I would never look at El Diablo in the same way if he accepted. He taught you a very valuable lesson that normally costs a lot more. Trust is earned, not given.

Daryn and the rest, you have a lot to learn. Man this thread is long.

left hand only,

wacki

Ulysses
02-10-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good points about PT though. What games/stakes/sites do you play if you don't use PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played most all games and limits. The games I've played the most are 10/20 and 15/30 LHE and 5/10NL.

wacki
02-10-2005, 03:42 AM
How many tables do you play at once?

Ulysses
02-10-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How many tables do you play at once?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 to 6.

partygirluk
02-10-2005, 03:56 AM
Why don't you use PT?

Ulysses
02-10-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you use PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't care to.

daryn
02-10-2005, 03:14 PM
i have a lot to learn? while that is certainly true, i don't think i have much to learn about what we're talking about in this thread.

karma is a joke

GuyOnTilt
02-10-2005, 03:22 PM
GoT, El Diablo taught you a valuable lesson. If it was me, I would pay up. But I would never look at El Diablo in the same way if he accepted. He taught you a very valuable lesson that normally costs a lot more. Trust is earned, not given.

That is ~exactly how I look at all this.

GoT

wacki
02-10-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a lot to learn? while that is certainly true, i don't think i have much to learn about what we're talking about in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daryn, I think you are a decent guy, but I can't believe your advocating El Diablo's behavior. Everyone has their favorite cup of tea. But if you keep on living life with this attitude you will end up missing out of some incredibly wonderful things in life. So I humbly disagree, I think you have a lot to learn.

[ QUOTE ]
karma is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and no. People get screwed over due to the luck of the draw all the time, but I am a firm believer in we reap what we sow. Drug dealers get rich, but go crazy with paranoia/frustration and watch their trusted loved ones get 25th and L. Doctors get prestige, but sacrifice their social/family life. People who play word games, will end up surrounded by people who live by those rules as well. Be very careful which garden you choose to sow.

daryn
02-10-2005, 07:22 PM
i think you need to open your eyes here. have you really missed what actually happened here?

as far as "what goes around comes around", sorry, it doesn't. i am a nice guy and i'm nice to everyone. i treat people the way i would want to be treated. that's just me.

but i don't believe people who are rotten "have something coming for them". at least not in this life.

wacki
02-10-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT, I said it before and I will say it again. I have the utmost respect for you and I'm not suprised you see things the way I do. I'm not just saying that because you are an excellent poker player. I couldn't give a [censored] about that right now. I think I've lost a lot of respect for poker players in general today. Atleast they are being honest with me though, so I have to give them that much credit.

If I ever see you in person, I hope I get to have the privilege of buying you a beer.

wacki
02-10-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you need to open your eyes here. have you really missed what actually happened here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, I didn't care to read all of the responses. So if I did, that is my fault.

[ QUOTE ]
as far as "what goes around comes around", sorry, it doesn't. i am a nice guy and i'm nice to everyone. i treat people the way i would want to be treated. that's just me.

but i don't believe people who are rotten "have something coming for them". at least not in this life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not monetarily, but your attitude definitely affects the kind of company you attract.

daryn
02-10-2005, 07:41 PM
who said anything about monetarily??

wacki
02-10-2005, 07:45 PM
I did. I'm just trying to be a bit more precise, without saying anything wrong. You gave an arguement, and I gave a counter arguement. That is all.

daryn
02-10-2005, 07:48 PM
all i said was people who are nasty people in general don't have anything bad "coming to them" anymore than you or i do.

wacki
02-10-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all i said was people who are nasty people in general don't have anything bad "coming to them" anymore than you or i do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I'm tired. I've had 2 hours of sleep in 48 hours and I only have use of one hand. I'm too tired to fully explain exactly what I mean right now. I think we might actually agree on this and there is only a slight communication barrier. I'll have to continue this later. I need sleep. In about 3 hours I'm going to be drinking heavily and playing NL poker.

Take care daryn.

wacki
02-10-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
have you really missed what actually happened here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to ask, is this whole thing a setup about PT?

EDIT: I'm not going to read 200 responses.

Zeno
02-10-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to ask, is this whole thing a setup about PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's an interesting thought and intelligent conjecture. There has been a paucity of such in this thread as a whole, so this stands out in marked contrast -like a bronze relief.

-Mephistopheles

heavybody
02-11-2005, 04:50 AM
When I read your post I thought the same thing ..but think about this, even though he was letting a script do the work he was surely also searching for words on his own at the same time ,and even though he used the machines answers he must of did some figuring on his own as per the rules.

wacki
02-11-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now there's an interesting thought and intelligent conjecture. There has been a paucity of such in this thread as a whole, so this stands out in marked contrast -like a bronze relief.

-Mephistopheles

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what it is about you Zeno, but most of your posts make me laugh out loud. You are one very intelligent and very [censored] up mother fucker and I like that.

Left handed only and seeing double

-wacki

Ionphore
02-11-2005, 06:12 AM
11. Threads with more then 100 replies bring out the lowest common denominator in the forum.

Nate tha' Great
02-12-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'all should settle it like men and play heads NLHE up for the $500.

lapoker17
02-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Pussy is not an adjective - figure it out - anyway.

I think the fact the the caveman called you Diablo is pretty cool, all else is largely insignificant.

J.A.Sucker
02-13-2005, 02:36 AM
One thing I know about diblo, he will collect this money. It doesn't matter if it's five bucks or five hundred; gambling debts need to be paid.

J.A.Sucker
02-13-2005, 02:37 AM
I don't remember any of this. What are you talking about?

J.A.Sucker
02-13-2005, 02:39 AM
A fool and his money are soon parted. Five times, apparently. Five times.