PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Rooster

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-08-2005, 10:13 PM
So... China has booted out the Year of the Monkey and it's now officially the Year of the Rooster. Does anyone have any insight into what the hell this means? Is there any significance to it being the year of the rooster as opposed to a sea turtle or an orangutan?

daryn
02-08-2005, 10:14 PM
happy new year!

by the way it's the year of the cock. at least it is for some around here.

Dynasty
02-08-2005, 11:15 PM
It means the Bellagio puts up a 10 foot rooster in their arboretum as part of their Chinese new year theme. Then, non-chinese people take pictures of their family members in front of the rooster.

Freakin
02-08-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So... China has booted out the Year of the Monkey and it's now officially the Year of the Rooster. Does anyone have any insight into what the hell this means? Is there any significance to it being the year of the rooster as opposed to a sea turtle or an orangutan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Each year apparently has an effect on what happens... for example, I heard that the year of the Rooster is also known as the year of the widow, because people married during the YOTR usually do not last. As a result, wedding chapels in parts of China were packed the last couple weeks because many people did not want to get married in the YOTR. Did I mention I'm getting married this year? I'm doomed... (either way, from what I've heard)

Freakin

eric5148
02-09-2005, 02:04 AM
It means a bunch of gay yuppies will make a lot money telling people they need to rearrange their furniture.

private joker
02-09-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It means a bunch of gay yuppies will make a lot money telling people they need to rearrange their furniture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni han.

(hahahahahahahahahaha)

mmbt0ne
02-09-2005, 02:36 AM
It means if theres another baby we can add the the menagerie of my bother the monkey, my sister the tiger, and me the rat.

daryn
02-09-2005, 03:48 AM
<-------- monkey

astroglide
02-09-2005, 01:19 PM
as usual i suspect google has insight