PDA

View Full Version : AKs decision, 3 left in 20+2

wuwei
02-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Trying to get back into SNGs, and this decision had me a little stumped.

SB was ok. Fairly tight preflop - this bet pot commits him so he must have something decent. Button was pretty loose and had been getting more aggressive late in the match.

Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t3435)
SB (t1885)
Hero (t2680)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t900</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1500</font>, Hero... ?

Pitr
02-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Pushes. Easily. Hand requirements loosen the shorter-handed you are, and AKs at this point? The button is as likely as not on the steal, in any case.

wuwei
02-08-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pushes. Easily. Hand requirements loosen the shorter-handed you are, and AKs at this point? The button is as likely as not on the steal, in any case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, I think I made this a harder decision than I should have.

Here's the range of hands I put the SB on, based on his play: 88-AA, AT-AK. I don't think he's loosened up that much, considering how he has been playing and the fact that he's making his stand. I agree the button is likely on a steal, but I figure he can't get away from his hand in this pot. I assume they are ending up all in by the end of this hand. Does that change things?

patrick dicaprio
02-08-2005, 10:06 PM
easy easy push. dont be surprised if they both fold and if the button calls the Sb will fold almost everything and hope the button loses.

Pat

lastchance
02-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Sends stack toward middle.

spentrent
02-08-2005, 10:35 PM
AK is the AWESOMEST HAND you PUUUUUUUSH!