PDA

View Full Version : chasing chooks - dodgy early hands

stripsqueez
02-08-2005, 09:31 PM
1 - about hand 5 in a $100+$9 on empire - i get KJo in the SB and put T5 in after 3 limpers - the BB checks

flop is Kd 9h 5c - i check and first limper bets T75 - folded to me and i reluctantly call

turn is 10c - check/check

river is 2s - i check and he bets T200 - i call

i dont like betting out on the flop a lot because too often some garbage like third pair will call and then i'm a bit committed and lost from the front on future betting rounds - i am the king of weak early - i reckon i should either fold the flop or do what i did ?

2 - same spot except only 2 limpers and i have K10o - flop is 10 9 8 rainbow - again i check and again first limper bets the pot (T60) and its folded to me - i call

turn is Jc - river is 6d and we check it down

yuk

3 - 4 off the button in hand 2 - i get AsJs and open limp - i more limper and the SB completes - BB minimum raises and we all call

flop is Ad 2d 6h - SB checks and the BB bets T80 - i call and everyone else folds

turn is 5c - BB bets T150 and i call

river is 8h - check/check

i think its close to a fold pre-flop but i will play AJs and A10s anywhere near the back early - perhaps with no limpers i should choose fold or raise

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Skip Brutale
02-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Whats standing out to me is that you didn't raise at any time in any of the hands posted. I think you should try to take the lead more, especially in the AJ hand where you had position and could have checked the turn after raising the flop (or get re-raised and be able to fold rather than having to keep calling bets).