PDA

View Full Version : Blunder?

AtticusFinch
02-08-2005, 08:27 PM
I suspect that if I'm not willing to call this flop bet, I shouldn't play the hand at all, despite my position. Which was the worse mistake? Calling PF? Folding on the flop? Or were both OK?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP3 (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
Button (t1000)
SB (t1000)
BB (t1000)
UTG (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1000)
UTG+2 (t1000)
MP1 (t1000)
MP2 (t1000)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls t15, MP1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t72.50) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets t85</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: t157.50

JoeTable
02-08-2005, 08:28 PM
I prefer folding that hand preflop and folding to a bet on that flop.

edit: I should clarify that I like a fold on the flop *at that stage in the tourney*.

skipperbob
02-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Borrowing vitriol from other more prolific posters, "Is your brain mush?"...If you're not going to push on that flop, forget calling, then why did you put any $$$ in PF?

AtticusFinch
02-08-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Borrowing vitriol from other more prolific posters, "Is your brain mush?"...If you're not going to push on that flop, forget calling, then why did you put any $$$ in PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about pushing with such a small pot, but I have to ask myself what sort of flop I'm looking for. I'd like a pair of tens better than the queens for sure. A flush or straight draw, or at least a backdoor flush draw would have been nice. But this hand I was 90% certain I was already beat, and with a two flush of the wrong suit, I didn't want to fiddle with it.

Any other opinions?

skipperbob
02-08-2005, 08:34 PM
I have another opinion, but moderator won't let me publish it.

AtticusFinch
02-08-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have another opinion, but moderator won't let me publish it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc: "I have bad news. You have six months to live"
Patient: "Damn, well can I get a second opinion?"
Doc: "Yeah, you're ugly, too!"

You would honestly push here? An early position limper opens by overbetting the pot. That bet SCREAMS "I have top pair, decent kicker, and don't want you drawing at that flush."

A more interesting move would be to call and treat a third club as an out. If it hits, push.

GimmeDaWatch
02-08-2005, 08:41 PM
I dont know what the "Is your brain mush" thing was all about, but I actually dont mind how you played it, although it is obviously very tight. This is not a bad flop for you, but not ideal, and you limped in for cheap to see if you could flop a big hand or big draw, or take it down with your one pair if its checked to you. The (over)better probably has either a)a queen with a bigger kicker or b)a flush draw which he's semi-bluffing with. I would probably call the flop and see how hard he presses on the turn, but I dont think you played it that terribly, as its unlikely hes bluffing with an overbet into multiple players.

microbet
02-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I think your play is fine in the first level. I may fold QTs, but not usually QJs, so no big difference for 15 chips.

Post flop you need more than just top pair to call a significant bet. I definatly wouldn't consider pushing postflop.