PDA

View Full Version : AQs w/ very loose players in tourney

PhatPots
02-08-2005, 07:13 PM
The tournament is a free tourney at a local bar. Winner gets a gift certificate, there about 80-100 players in the tourney. Everyone starts w/ 4000 chips. Blinds start at 25/50. At this point the blinds are 50/100, the tables are all 8 handed. BB is in almost every pot and is always betting. UTG+1 is a total fish, raises small preflop and

Preflop: Hero is SB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to 200</font> MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises 700 , </font>BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 players
<font color="red">Hero bets 500, </font> BB raises to 1000, <font color="red"> </font> UTG+1 calls, Hero calls

Should I have reraised here? I thought that if I reraised I would end up having to put all my chips in on the turn whether the extra club came or not. BB had been very aggressive. I think he might have K rag, but not sure. I thinking that it might be best to try and see the turn for the extra 500 and hopefully a chip river.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 players
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets 1000 </font> UTG+1 calls, Hero calls

The pot had gotten so large, how could I get away from it? At that point I know that I will get paid off if a club hits 100% of the time.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 players
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB raises all-in </font> UTG+1 calls, Hero folds

Comments please

Cheers,
Pots

tbach24
02-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Wrong forum but I would re-raise this on the flop. You have a huge hand.