PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Full Tilt Poker?

MagicRat
02-08-2005, 04:59 PM
I've registered but never deposited any $$ there. See they've got 100% bonus up to $600 going through the end of February.

Thoughts on quality of their games, customer service (ease of withdrawals /images/graemlins/cool.gif), interface?? I'd probably play $1/2 to clear the bonus. Thanks...

tdarko
02-08-2005, 05:03 PM
havent been on it in a few months but really liked it when i was, just not enough people so i stuck with a few others. the bonus i hear and read is a real bitch to clear but its still generous. their support is great, the playability is smooth and the nl games are soft. limit games are like rocks though. good luck

royaltrux
02-08-2005, 05:06 PM
In the mornings there is hardly anyone on. The bonus at 1/2 is not worth your time it will take you forever. Take it from someone who was in the trenches. Do all other sites bnous offers before going to this site.

playersare
02-08-2005, 05:06 PM
if you play $1/2 limit to clear the bonus, you will clear about 3 cents worth of bonus every raked hand (about 0.5 FTP's), or about 700 hands for every $20 increment released.

there is nothing inherently wrong with the site except for the fact that the bonus is insultingly bad for low limit clearing. you will get better value for your action at virtually any other site.

mistrpug
02-08-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on quality of their games, customer service (ease of withdrawals /images/graemlins/cool.gif), interface?? I'd probably play $1/2 to clear the bonus. Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

The low limit games are rock gardens and the bonus blows. Not worth it IMO.

danvh
02-08-2005, 05:13 PM
I played there for a while. The bonus is very hard to clear. Though they release it in increments, or at least did. NL is pretty soft. I played 1/2 limit and didn’t like it very much, lots of tight players. Id imagine even more now that the 100% bonus started. Actually I did best playing against the pros there. If you can get in the right position, lots of guys make bad bets at them (I guess to stay I bluffed out so and so or I took down so and so for a big pot), obviously you don’t want to play the pro that often, but their presence in like the 3/6 nl game definitely helped.

Terry
02-08-2005, 05:30 PM
I haven't played there. Downloaded the software and took a look.

When I requested a hand history I got something like "Coming soon." Does that mean they do not have hand histories or was I just not able to see it as an observer or what?

Synergistic Explosions
02-08-2005, 05:32 PM
I can't play there because I picked the wrong screen name when I joined. The bitterness I received while sitting at a table was immense and unbearable, all because of the name.

I can't be jovial at a table when insults are hurled my way every second or two. I have learned to always choose a screen name carefully now.

tdarko
02-08-2005, 05:37 PM
just curious what was the screenname? i am not easily offended.

Synergistic Explosions
02-08-2005, 05:40 PM
GrannyMae

cain06
02-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Synergistic - do you ever play on Pacific Poker, I play against GrannyMae all the time on there.

Piers
02-08-2005, 06:42 PM
If you are not prepared to play 3/6 or higher, then you can do better elsewhere.

zutmin
02-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I like their software better than any other site I have played in the past year. Pleasing graphics, fast/smooth game play and some cool features. Have not used any support or attempted to cash out yet, but deposit was a cinch. Have noticed that Hand History has not been available yet???? Strange but I'm sure that will be available soon.

I guess the bonus takes a long time to clear, but I have enjoyed playing there so much so far that it's worth it to me. Will probably take me a month of 3 hrs/day playing 2 tables to clear all $600 of the bonus.

Have only played the .50/1 NL tables but I'm up over $400 in 5 days. Some solid players but an equal number of weak players who make my time well worth while.

Synergistic Explosions
02-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Nope, not me. Must be a popular name online for some reason. I think that's the GrannyMae that made a killing in the nose dildo market several years ago.

Ask her and find out. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

whiskeytown
02-08-2005, 07:17 PM
I dunno...I like the interface...

I also found tables with pros attract a lot of fish...but not a lot of them on there in ring games lately

I've been enjoying playing more tourneys with fewer players (100-200) and FTP is good for that...

PLUS - if you like it, they have Razz - I reviewed it recently on my blog.

here's my link (http://whiskeytown.blogspot.com/2005/01/dam-dum-dam-emailllllllllllllllll-oh.html)

RB

KKrAAAzy88s
02-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Cashouts at FTP are like they say 24-48 hours. I asked for two withdrawls last Thursday so that I could deposit into the Paradise SuperBowl reload and I had my money by Saturday.

You'll clear the bonus the fastest at the higher limits - best is the $50 or $100 NL tables as there are larger pots which get max rake for max bonus points, even better if you multi-table. Not the best bonus structure as everyone says, but it can be done. It was the first site I deposited money into and I cleared the bonus. I dropped $500 initial deposit and cleared that. Took me a while as I first started out at the smallest tables they had to learn the game a bit. I'll go back for the reload bonus after I clear some of the other bonuses around first.