PDA

View Full Version : paradise turnys, gota love em

08-01-2002, 08:21 AM
is it just me, or does anyone else hope that paradise never goes to multitable turnys. i stink in multitable turnies (mostly on pokerstars), but for some reason i can consistantly beat the 20 and 30 dollar single table turnies on paradise. i've been playing them for quite some time now and have a great feel for them. they are just wonderful, if i have one complaint it would be that i have to wait till noon to play them, but either way i hope they never get rid of them. . .they are a huge money maker (for me anyway). i know that most poker theorists don't write many books or articles on single table turnies, which is why i feel they are the most beatable form of poker on the net, anyone else agree?

in any case, keep up the good work paradise, i just love the single table turnies.

08-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Yes....

I love those tourney's too. I think a big reason is that you almost always have 3-4 complete morons on each table (I play nolimit) and they bust out in the first 3 rounds risking half their stack to steal $50. Once those clowns are gone, you usually have 2 call stations that can't seem to find the fold button and they usually bust out around round 5. Then you are 5 handed with reasonable players going for the $$. At that point, If I start to press, I can usually steal my way to the chip lead.

However, I also do well in the multi-table. When you play multi-table - Its imperitive to get an early chip lead. Dont mess with the cheap draws(like I do on paradise)...start raising out of the gate. If you can get the chip lead on your table, you can start wielding it like a bat and beat your way through the rounds.

I Like Both - I hate ring games!!!

The Crazy one,

LIPSHITZ

08-01-2002, 03:52 PM
I too like the tournys @PP. However I think my biggest problem is the disconnects that usually occur when there are about 4 or 5 players left and by the time I get back in my chips have been reduced quite a bit. I get disconecte about1 out of every 10 games and usually have to resort to shutting off my computer to get back into PP. I use AOL and don't know if that is the proble or not. I probably don't do as well as you but I am ahead in gthe tourneys and play mostly 10/20. What is the percentalge of times your in the money??

08-01-2002, 04:12 PM
i find that if i run too many programs at once, along with the paradise softweare that the game gets alot slower and the players names get all blurry and the action buttons get blurry and you cant really play. . .i turn off the other programs and the problem is usually solved.

i finish in the money about 55% of the time and i play the nolimit games.

08-02-2002, 10:46 PM
Wow,

It sounds like AOL is giving you serious problems. I've been playing very regularly at PP since Feb. and I've only been cut-off twice. Once was an MSN server failure and the other time was the power company having a neighborhood-wide power outage. BTW, PP was very nice about re-setting my all-ins when I asked them too.