PDA

View Full Version : Before signing up for Party skin on new computer

Corey
02-08-2005, 01:53 PM
I'll be signing up for an account at a party skin tomorrow on a brand new laptop. I used the UCID info here in the past and since this has changed nobody has taken the time to figure out where party puts its "signature" locally.

Is there a way for me to monitor my disk activity/registry while isntalling a skin in such a way that I would be able to determine what needs to be removed in order to install a party skin on a computer with one already installed? If so, what programs would I need to install and where can I find them? I won't have access to the internet until tomorrow morning so that's why I am asking now.

I know some on these boards may not like this, but it's not against the sites T&C and having this info would save people a lot of time.

BradL
02-08-2005, 07:58 PM
I would think that for monitoring registry Search and Destroy (the adware prevention software) would be good. It has a feature that monitors all registry changes and asks if you approve. Thats the best advice I can give... wish i knew more.

-Brad

moondogg
02-08-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would think that for monitoring registry Search and Destroy (the adware prevention software) would be good. It has a feature that monitors all registry changes and asks if you approve. Thats the best advice I can give... wish i knew more.

-Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it monitors/reports everything that gets written, it would go ape%#$^ just running Windows. I'm pretty sure that it only monitors certain areas.

Try googling "regmon", it's a shareware/freeware utility that that will log all registry access.

nukemar25
02-08-2005, 10:43 PM
I am not positive, but I think Party Poker is the only one that will put something on your computer to prevent you from signing up with the other skins. I say this because I have used my kid's computer to sign up for four party skins this week with no problem at all. Each time I just un-install when I am finished and have no problem signing up with next skin. However, their computer has never had party installed on it. I tried un-installing party on my computer and signing up for a skin and it would not work. My point being that you will probably not find what your looking for by installing a skin. You will need to install party itself. Because you have a clean computer I recommend that you sign up for every skin you are interested in before you install party or you might have problems. Also, be sure to use a new e-mail address for every skin. I hope this is helpful.

umdpoker
02-08-2005, 10:55 PM
i dunno bout that. i just installed empire on a previously clean computer, then tried pokernow, and it wouldn't let me sign up.

Russ McGinley
02-08-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dunno bout that. i just installed empire on a previously clean computer, then tried pokernow, and it wouldn't let me sign up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to install PokerNow, but the page on their site is down for downloads. Is it working for you?

TomBrooks
02-21-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, be sure to use a new e-mail address for every skin. I hope this is helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]I read elsewhere in the forums that a different email was not required. I am using the same email for Party, Empire, and PokerNow. Did I just get lucky?

Think I ought to use a different one for MultiPoker?

I want to MultiPoker on a comp that has PokerNow. I wouldn't mind uninstalling it and cleaning the registry just to be on the cautious side. It only take two minutes once you know what to do. I'm trying to find one of the threads in these forums that explained how to do it for Party. I'm thinking maybe I can figure out how to do it for PokerNow from that.

=TomBk

riverhunter
02-21-2005, 11:43 AM
If you are using windows xp, you can try the following trick.

Before installing the partyskin, make a system restore point. Then install the software, register you account. Then uninstall it and run a system restore to the previous checkpoint. Now the machine should be clean to install the second partyskin.

Don't know whether this method works for everyone. But I have registered my PokerNow and Multipoker accounts on the same machine with no trouble. (I do use different email addresses)