PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever sit down at an Omaha Hi table by accident? (LC)

Yads
02-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Yesterday I accidentally sat down at an Omaha Hi table isntead of my usual Hi/Low. Thanks to Paradise not splitting out Hi and Hi/Low games into different tabs. Since I was also playing at another site and having the paradise game on auto pilot. I did not realize this until I had playing about 30 hands. I made the nut low with a flush and the other guy got the whole pot with a better flush. Then somebody informed me that this was Omaha Hi only. Argh, anybody ever do this?

BadBatsuMaru
02-08-2005, 01:51 PM
I did the exact same thing a few days ago. Sat down, played a few hands, hit the nut low, got the pot up to about 25BB, then realized I was at an Omaha Hi table.

Oops!

Ghazban
02-08-2005, 02:09 PM
That cracks me up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Yesterday, I accidentally sat down at a low buyin 7Stud high SNG instead of the 7Stud Hi/lo I was intending to-- [25]3 doesn't play nearly as well in Stud high only....

RevAgain
02-08-2005, 02:22 PM
I can do better than that. I was multitabling PL Omaha Hi a week ago - 4 tables - when I realised I had accidently joined 4 hi/lo tables! Luckily I didn't hit (or think I hit) any flops too hard before I realised my mistake.

mosquito
02-08-2005, 04:24 PM
One time I forgot I was on a high only, bet my low
and got lucky on the river to win the pot with an
unlikely two pair high.

Would never have played the hand at high, LOL.

Nick_Foxx
02-08-2005, 05:10 PM
i did this on party once... i sat down at 2 omaha hi tables and played a good number of hands before i realized they were not 8 or better... obviously i realized this when i made a low and all the chips went to the other guy... i left the tables and realized i had made 15bb

mike

Beavis68
02-08-2005, 05:25 PM
I did that, probably the first nut low I had hit in a week.

Also, sitting down at a LHE SnG when you think it is NL sucks. WHY CANT I GO ALL IN!

o0mr_bill0o
02-09-2005, 12:04 AM
yeah, i've definitely done it. and boy did i get a berating when i backed into a very very unlikely wheel and took down a large pot. i just said 'poker is easy!' and went to the h/l game whent he blinds got to me.

ChipsAhoya
02-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Yeah, I've done it twice, actually... I got some good high cards, though, and I actually made a total of 150 BB doing so at .50/1 PL. Maybe I should do it more often...?

-ChipsAhoya

Yads
02-09-2005, 12:19 PM
As a side note, I was totally lost after I figured out it was high. I decided to wait for my blinds, but I realized I had no idea what a good starting Omaha high hand is. Any pointers from anybody?

__Q__
02-09-2005, 12:43 PM
I did it yesterday. I played four tables of it for about 10 mins. Best part was, I won a few pretty large pots and still didn't notice because no lows were available. I finished up 17 BB.

Matt Ruff
02-09-2005, 12:52 PM
I did it once, and was up 15 BB before I realized my mistake. I'd estimate that at least two-thirds of my winnings were from hands that were folded to me, so my luck consisted mostly of coming off like a maniac.

-- M. Ruff

Bulbarainey
02-09-2005, 06:10 PM
i did it, posted the BB, realized it when i was button, and i just stayed out my free hands, -1BB