PDA

View Full Version : online random card dealing/shuffling?

Buckmulligan
02-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I know this post has been exhausted, but I just started playing cards online and I was wondering if it is absolutely definitive that the cards are dealt completely randomly. Can anyone provide and insight as to why or why not?

Yads
02-08-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if it is absolutely definitive that the cards are dealt completely randomly.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

SumZero
02-09-2005, 03:30 AM
The cards are rarely, if ever, dealt completely randomly when playing in a B&M card room. Online, many sites claim to do so. Switching to a different game, bridge, most people are convinced that computer shuffled bridge hands give a *better* random shuffle than regularly shuffled by hand decks. In bridge this results in more times online hitting strange distribution because the hand shuffle keeps tricks (which are 4 cards of one suit) closer together and then when you deal one card at a time flattens the distributions. But if you can't trust the site online you are playing on, don't play there! There have been sites in the past that used buggy "random" shuffles that were vulnerable to attack (using google I'm sure you can find more info).