PDA

View Full Version : Rate this play

Mez
02-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Personally, I think this play was a no-brainer, but I caught lots of flack for it, hence the post. I can't get this to post results in white...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t4744)
BB (t3432)
UTG (t8)
Button (t1816)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t400, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t1200) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t700</font>, BB folds, Button calls t700.

Turn: (t2600) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t3644 (All-In)</font>,

<font color="white"> </font> Button calls t716 (All-In). </font>
<font color="white"> </font> River: (t6960) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

<font color="white"> </font> Final Pot: t6960 <font color="white"> </font>

Button had - J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

ColdestCall
02-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Button was just asking you to take his 400 by calling, and you tried to oblige him. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, you really helped him out by relieving him of his whole stack....

I probably would have pushed this from the SB pre-flop, and expected to take down 800 for my efforts. Barring that, I would have pushed the flop, though it doesn't seem like your opponent could have gotten away from his hand anyway.

sofere
02-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Completing PF was HORRIBLE IMO. I would have pushed any 2 preflop every time the small stack is not in the hand. You have no risk of busting out if anyone is stupid enough to call you with the small stack at 8 chips. You want to put these guys at a decision before they have a chance to hit a hand. Do they want to risk their tournament life on at best an 80/20 shot (though almost always much worse) to double up or bust out when they have a huge chance to limp in the money.

Even if you get called by the BB you will still likely be able to limp into the money.

Mez
02-08-2005, 01:25 PM
sofere -

I was doing exactly that. I had just gone all in 3 or 4 consecutive hands while mid-stacked and hit a lucky beat vs the now short stack. I was prepped to push w A2, but the flat call on the button was a warning sign as he was allin or fold also.