PDA

View Full Version : KQs HU UI, bet the river?

Buck_65
02-08-2005, 04:09 AM
Villain is a loose passive, but not tremendously fishy. This hand isn't terribly exciting, but this is a situation that comes up quite often. Just inspecting the ship for leaks.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero raises, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls.

River: (5.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero...

DeathDonkey
02-08-2005, 04:42 AM
I would have checked the turn, and folded if he bets the river and I haven't improved. What is he calling you with on the flop? You better hope its diamonds but they always seem to have 77 or something here. He won't fold the river, take a free showdown. I like checking the turn.

-DeathDonkey

Buck_65
02-08-2005, 04:53 AM
Now that I look at it from a different point of view, I think checking through the turn is absolutely correct.

During the play of the hand I had convinced myself that he folds this turn unless either a) he's slowplaying a ten (highly unlikely), b) he's on the flush draw, or c) he has a mediumish pocket pair and rightfully assumes I missed this flop.

If he has the nut flush draw or medium pair I'm behind. If he has a ten I'm slaughtered. If he has nothing he just folds and the bet accomplishes nada. So the turn bet was decidedly poor.

Thanks for helping me out here, I think I'm pressing too much at these limits whenever I'm heads up with overcards.