PDA

View Full Version : 3 handed table ???(O8)

__Q__
02-08-2005, 04:08 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Omaha/8 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

I feel pretty uncomfortable playing short handed. How'd I do here? Shorthanded advice in general would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Q

cielo
02-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Hey Q,

I'm new to O8 as well, and am equally uncomfortable shorthanded also.
I probably would have played it the same way you had. When the SB bets into you on the turn what did you think? I figure he/she has a better straight or a better low. Would have been nice to take the button along. But my guess is that you guys split the button's bets.

cielo

__Q__
02-08-2005, 04:38 AM
I figured he most likely had a low and that at most, I was playing for half of the pot. So even though I made a straight (a very weak straight) I didn't raise because I didn't want to knock the other guy out, and I didn't want to get introuble incase someone else made a better high.

While It would have been nice to drag the button along if the SB and I were going to split, I was kind of glad to see him go. My straight was week, I could have easily been the one that got dragged along. If the button had raised instead of folded, then I really don't know what I would do. I guess I would call hopng to hit my flush draw and hoping they were quartering eachother?

BlueBear
02-08-2005, 05:23 AM
3rd nut low and straight possibility has healthy scooping possibilities and is a definite raise of the river for me. In short-handed play, it is just too difficult for the SB to have the exact 3 or 4 cards (A48x for example) to scoop the pot from you.

Yads
02-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Raise the turn, raise the river. You have excelent draws and a mediocre low. If in Ace or two come on the river your low is that much more improved. Once the two hits on the river you have 3d nut low and 3d nut high, raise the river. heads up these are monster hands.

Moneyline
02-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I would raise the turn. You are probably best for high and you may even have the best low. You also have many redraws. This hand could easily scoop, so I'd be willing to put some chips in the pot on the later streets.

Nick709
02-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi Q, in these shorthanded games you have to worry a lot less about being scooped because most pots are heads up, I would go ahead and raise the river and call down a threebet, you might have just scooped him on the river.

akaLogic
02-09-2005, 12:54 AM
ditto

3rdEye
02-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Why didn't you raise on the river with a straight and the nut low? It's very unlikely you're getting 3/4ed.

__Q__
02-09-2005, 12:38 PM
I didn't have the nut low or the nut high, which is why I didn't raise the river. But givin that it was short handed, now I know I should have. Thanks for the help guys.