PDA

View Full Version : PACIFIC POKER

mike3076
02-08-2005, 03:25 AM
WAS THIS SITE BUILT IN THE 1970'S or the early 80's?

Shoe
02-08-2005, 03:28 AM
The Late 80's called, they want their site back... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

slickpoppa
02-08-2005, 03:29 AM
i believe that the sofware was originally designed for commodore 64's

tdarko
02-08-2005, 03:31 AM
i cant hate too much b/c its how i built my bankroll and i do still play it but yeah what a joke their software is.

mike3076
02-08-2005, 03:39 AM
lol i love their groovy interface.

Justin A
02-08-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those things were sweet. They don't even have a hard drive, you have to run everything off floppies.

Mangatang
02-08-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They don't even have a hard drive, you have to run everything off floppies.

[/ QUOTE ]

They could also run off of cartridges (like Atari) too.

HesseJam
02-08-2005, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those things were sweet. They don't even have a hard drive, you have to run everything off floppies.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the games were a blast. A friend of mine had like 500 games for the C64. Many of them were non-commercial crazy crazy games. I remember the "Highland Games" where you had steer bare chested Scotchman in a beer contest, jump from a tower to the ground (ouch) and so on. The quality of the shooter games was astounding given the hardware specs.

Mike Haven
02-08-2005, 08:37 AM
here's a review of pacific (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=167970&Forum=f 14&Words=pacificpoker&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1 67857&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=60&daterange= 1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=2&oldertype=y&body prev=1#Post167970) from november 2002

see if you can spot anything they have fixed since those early days

Subby
02-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I actually cancelled my account with them a week or so ago - they don't have useable hand histories and their tourney software is just horrible. Plus, their bonus clearing requirements are possibly the worst around. If one DOES choose to play there, I would strongly recommend using the chiplitre.com skin mods - makes things much easier on the eyes.

tdarko
02-08-2005, 12:39 PM
i still don't understand why everyone is having to clear their bonus on pacific. two years ago i got a free 20$ for signing up for demo mode and turned that into my BR so early on i can't account for. but about a year and a half ago i cashed completely out and moved to stars and UB, and some others and when i came back to pacific and deposited (still a 1st time deposit since never actually had) the bonus was just entered into my account, no clearing bonus.
anyone else just handed the 25% bonus??? two of my friends had it the same way when the deposited for the first time as well.

playersare
02-08-2005, 12:49 PM
on both the initial deposit bonus and one reload i've done there, I never had to complete the entire WR before withdrawing any free money at Pacific. Generally I played about an hour or so, requested cashout, and the funds hit neteller in a few days, no questions asked.

my suggestion is to try and withdraw whenever you feel like you've played a reasonable amount of time after receiving the bonus up front. the worst that could happen is that they say no, you have to play longer. I have not experienced that in my limited time there.

ps. this also tends to work well at bodog

Subby
02-08-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my suggestion is to try and withdraw whenever you feel like you've played a reasonable amount of time after receiving the bonus up front. the worst that could happen is that they say no, you have to play longer. I have not experienced that in my limited time there.

[/ QUOTE ]
D'oh! That's what I get for going by their terms and conditions. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just to balance all the criticisms I have of Pacific - their games really are the softest I have ever seen, so if you like to multi-table you could always pull them up in lieu of an additional window at party or wherever...the hand histories are still a dealbreaker for me.

I am such a poseur whore. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JPinAZ
02-08-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Floppies? We had a cassette drive.