PDA

View Full Version : KJs hand.

Inthacup
02-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t3055)
UTG (t255)
UTG+1 (t930)
MP1 (t830)
MP2 (t1560)
CO (t590)
Hero (t865)
SB (t1915)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t30, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t120) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t45</font>, Hero calls t45, SB calls t45, BB folds.

Turn: (t255) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t350</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: t605

The story behind this fold is kinda funny, but I'd like to hear the thoughts of the forum before I tell it.

Pepsquad
02-08-2005, 02:22 AM
You might be ahead here but it's a good fold. AK, AQ, 55 are all possibilities, but the reason this becomes such an easy fold is that all of the J outs could be counterfeited. With the blinds t30 there's no reason to get heavily involved in such a marginal situation.
In fact, wouldn't hurt to fold pre-flop considering you're still at level 3. But I would have played it the same way.

Pep.

Scuba Chuck
02-08-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, wouldn't hurt to fold pre-flop considering you're still at level 3

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiment exactly. You have a very workable stack for middle play. Why risk it for post flop play?

What's so funny?

The Yugoslavian
02-08-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t3055)
UTG (t255)
UTG+1 (t930)
MP1 (t830)
MP2 (t1560)
CO (t590)
Hero (t865)
SB (t1915)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t30, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t120) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t45</font>, Hero calls t45, SB calls t45, BB folds.

Turn: (t255) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t350</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: t605

The story behind this fold is kinda funny, but I'd like to hear the thoughts of the forum before I tell it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: I fold here.
Postflop: I'd raise or fold here.
Turn: I'd fold here.

This is a decent example of why I fold this hand pre-flop. This early on the levels I play, these sorts of hands just leak chips. You get a good flop and still have a marginal hand and it's difficult to play without a solid to great read on your opponent.

I'd jettison this hand pretty quickly.

Yugoslav

esbesb
02-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Folding KJs on the button with no strength shown in front of you seems incredibly tight to me.

The level that you're at has marginal relevance in my mind . . . you play relative to the blinds.

I'd consider raising pre-flop to isolate the limper and/or win the pot there. I'd probably raise after the flop. I don't quite know what I'd do after the turn, because by calling the little tiny bet your opponent made on the flop (45 into a 120 pot) you let him stay in with AJ as a possibility.

david050173
02-08-2005, 03:03 PM
If you are going to play, you should be raising. I would be far more likely to be playing this hand on Stars than PP. You have position and it would be nice to know how much mp1 likes his hand. You also want to get the BB and SB. I would hope to win right away but if it goes to the flop, I would consider that he might be on some suited connector (QJ, JT) with the only 2 hands that I am really worried about being AJ or KQ. I figure he isn't limping with AK or a big pair. If an ace flops I might make a continuation bet but I would fold to any strength.

In your case, you have to decide on the flop if you are done with this hand or not. Calling the 45 is a waste to me since these hands are rarely checked down.

On the turn, you have to push or fold and if you push you should expect to be called most of the time. You have a ton of outs (some might be to a split pot)between your flush and straight draw and might even be ahead but it isn't worth the chips to find out. His big overbet is a bit odd. Seems like either trips/two pair getting nervous about all the flush and straight draws or maybe a semibluff. I am folding every time and hoping to get my money in a spot where I can be aggressive not passive.

Vetstadium
02-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Maybe I am too tight but I am not playing this hand at this blind level unless I limp in sblind or am big blind. Hand like KJ just going to get you in trouble.

david050173
02-08-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I am too tight but I am not playing this hand at this blind level unless I limp in sblind or am big blind. Hand like KJ just going to get you in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the few cases where I think about playing KJs. You have the button with only 1 limper from middle position. If there was no limper, would you still be folding?