PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars 10-20

07-28-2002, 05:05 AM
My "hmmm...fishy" vibes have been going bonkers in this game lately. Anyone else witnessed out of control team play in this game? Or am I just paranoid?

07-28-2002, 11:15 AM
yes im seeing the same thing defineatly some team play going on

07-28-2002, 11:25 AM

07-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Well if you think this contact support@pokerstars.com with names and hands.

Otherwise, name names or shut up

redsimon

07-28-2002, 01:50 PM
Redsimon

I contacted support they were very helpfull.

it is a risk that u take playing online

i find it helpfull to know the other cards by no way is it a guarantee winner

07-28-2002, 03:46 PM
"Otherwise, name names or shut up"

Why, is this a rule or something?

07-28-2002, 03:54 PM
"Why, is this a rule or something? "

No. But making a blanket statement like, "there is definately some team play going on" is not only silly, it's irresponsible.

07-28-2002, 05:17 PM
Why is it "silly and irresponsible"? It puts the readers here on notice that a fellow poster has seen what he deems cheating on a particular site. We then can make our own observations and decide to play or not play the site.

07-28-2002, 06:08 PM
True...but just stating something as broad as the original poster did does no one any good.

If there are *dodgy* deeds, spill the beans!

Alternatively contact support, get the cheaters banned

07-28-2002, 06:09 PM
post the email to/from support or tell what competitor site are you representing.

07-28-2002, 06:11 PM
Is there a possibility that the guy is lying?

No way. He wouldn't write to support, he wouldn't post names. But he wants the readers to know about the team play there ....

07-28-2002, 06:46 PM
I don't doubt the sincerity of the poster or his or her good intentions in reporting suspicions -- indeed, like you, David, I value the tip. nevertheless, unsupported accusations & rumors can actually hurt ghe on-line poker community. the problem is that accusations tend to steer the wary away from less popular sites altogether. as a result, there is less action -- a condition that reinforces itself at a particular site -- and ultimately suppresses number of games, sites, etc., one can choose from on line. expecting posters to give details of suspected collusion, to report response of support, etc, is therefore a good way to filter unfounded and damaging rumors, not to mention outright manufacturing of claims by site rivals (which I doubt is going on here).

07-28-2002, 07:38 PM
Hey! you're one ov'em arn't ya!. You stole my money you filthy varmit. Dang CHEAT! And YOU!!! your one un'um too, yeah you...reading this ....your all a bunch of cold-hearted cheatin bastards. Next time I'll...well...I'll, I'll get out of the game and do something else.

07-28-2002, 09:06 PM
let's hear it for the team player's. SEMPER FIDELIS.

07-28-2002, 11:48 PM
David,

redsimon's point is this - if you have something to say, it's to everyone's benefit and no one's detriment to go ahead and say it. If not, the comments made don't pass the sniff test (that is, they sound like a PokerStars competitor trying to blunt the huge success of the WCOOP).

We take accusations of collusion or any type of cheating VERY VERY seriously, and investigate them all thoroughly. It's sort of hard to do so if we don't know who is being discussed.

Best regards,

PokerStars Support Team

07-29-2002, 02:25 AM
Ok, I admit that this was too glib of a post.

But I don't really know what other information I should have included. I don't agree that I should name names. Were I to have done so, I would have been flamed for making "baseless accusations" and smearing other players.

My intention was not to "out" someone, but to air some queasy feelings and see if anyone else had experienced the same things.

Of course, it is also good to email support. I have done that, and have received a very thorough response to my query.

This post was not ever intended as a slight to the Pokerstars management. I very specifically stated which game I was talking about and was hoping to hear from some people who played in it regularly.

The "you are lying" response is silly. This community is about the exchange of information, and if it is to do anyone any good, posters should not be derided for posting their concerns. I see this happen all the time, and it is juvenile.

07-29-2002, 02:53 AM
You're making accusations with no specifics. Why don't you describe exactly what it is that is making you go bonkers. Better yet, when this sort of thing happens, you should record the hand number and contact the site with your reasons for why you felt uncomfortable about this particular hand.

Mason

07-29-2002, 05:52 AM
ok... specifics:

son + father in law. PStars Security wanna tell us if these guys have been investigated?

07-29-2002, 01:04 PM
We have researched this claim. While it is true that PUCK DEVIL and pinballed are related (and it was known to us) they have never played a single hand together in our cash games - $10-$20 or in any other cash game (except 46 hands that they played heads-on in $0.50/$1.00 NL Hold'em).

Furthermore, there was never a complaint received by us from anybody about these players colluding in a $10-$20 game.

Best regards,

PokerStars Support Team

07-29-2002, 03:29 PM
... i was very concerned that this public accusation was incorrect and yet these two guys' names would be tarnished

it would not surprise me if this became a libel case

07-29-2002, 05:50 PM
I see your specifics are totally wide of the mark..I have never seen these guys in 10/20. I play occasionally in 10/20, but you obviously are motivated by malice.

07-29-2002, 05:52 PM
good case

puck devil and pinballed sue to protect the innocent

duh

07-29-2002, 07:34 PM
REdsimon - the way you have treated this guy, I would be surprised if anyone ever makes a comment like this again. Good work /images/frown.gif

07-29-2002, 07:47 PM
Whoever posted the named accusation was not me, the original poster. I have no idea who those two players are.