PDA

View Full Version : Fire another barrel on the river or should I have stopped at the turn?

billyjex
02-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Villian in this hand is LAG preflop and tones down alot postflop (54/20/.9)

Should I have bet the river? Just checked the turn?

Also.. is a river call warranted?

I know he's loose and calls too much but he folded on the turn in a similar situation a couple orbits ago.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

Freakin
02-07-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian in this hand is LAG preflop and tones down alot postflop (54/20/.9)

Should I have bet the river? Just checked the turn?

Also.. is a river call warranted?

I know he's loose and calls too much but he folded on the turn in a similar situation a couple orbits ago.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap! Is that a GTA/GTA2 avatar??? GARUNGA!!!!!

I don't think I can fire again on that River, but maybe that's just me. It's unlikely he has a decent hand, but there's a good chance he has you beat.

Freakin

billyjex
02-07-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap! Is that a GTA/GTA2 avatar??? GARUNGA!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah- I used to play GTA way back in the day after I got it off some Warez site.

Now I'm playing San Andreas (IMO the best game ever) and it brought back some memories of the old one.

Harv72b
02-07-2005, 11:26 PM
KJs = lousy hand to have heads up against a player like that. You can be sure that he'll call to the river with Ax or any piece of the board, and even if you catch a K it's not certain that you've got the better kicker (although I'd play it like I did every time). I agree wholeheartedly with raising it first in here, it just sucks that you got stuck in this situation afterwards.

I agree with the check/fold on the river. It seems highly unlikely that he'd bet with a worse hand than you've got, and I doubt that he folds anything other than a busted flush draw to your bet (which you beat if he checks through anyway).

I like betting the turn as the flush draw with a lower top card is possible, and you've seen him fold to a turn bet HU before.