PDA

View Full Version : KQo - no bets go in multi-way postflop

btspider
02-07-2005, 09:13 PM
I just sat down, no one has stood out yet. These hands happen occasionally and i'm not sure if/when i should bet them on the big streets (flop check can be scrutinized, but big streets are my main question).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

I should probably bet since I have the backdoor, yes? If I didn't have the backdoor (or one more opponent perhaps), is this a check?

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Bet the turn or river?

A_C_Slater
02-07-2005, 09:17 PM
I would bet the flop, but you since you didn't I would play the turn and river the same way. If you bet the flop and all but one of them fold I would bet the turn again/fold to a raise. If you get two or more callers I would check the turn and take the free card. Optimal play? I don't know...

I'm only telling you what A.C. would do.

pokerkai
02-07-2005, 09:19 PM
The only real decision I think you have in this hand is whether to bet the flop or not, because your pretty much done with the hand once that turn hits.

Your definitely not taking the pot down with a turn bet and theres no way your the best.
And I dont think a river bet takes the pot down enough (or even ever...) to warrant a bet.

btspider
02-07-2005, 09:21 PM
yeah, i'd play it that way on this board with an Ace high hand. with K-highs, i often opt for a free card on this type of board.

Harv72b
02-07-2005, 09:41 PM
I hate checking through after raising preflop, but in this case, I think you probably took the best line. There's no way that all 3 opponents will fold this flop for 1 SB, so all betting really does is make you feel obligated to fire another shot on the turn.

It's possible that you could've bought this one by firing all 3 barrels, but against 3 unknowns I don't know if that's wise. FWIW, I often do use just that line if I whiff on overcards early in a session, for the simple reasons that it'll enduce more calls later on when I don't miss.