PDA

View Full Version : TT with two overcards on board

Gambler
02-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Too aggressive here?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

A_C_Slater
02-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Yes, too aggressive this play is. I would fold this on the flop. I would take your line with one overcard, but not with two. Don't get married to the hand just because "...but it's...it's pocket tens!!"

Your line would be good against a tricky habitual bluffer, but someone betting out into this board from BB after your raise usually means they have an ace or a king.

DeathDonkey
02-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Fold the flop.

-DeathDonkey

shadow29
02-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Sucks. Fold the flop. I used to raise here, too. But that's just overaggression and loses money more than passivity.

Gambler
02-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Before SSH I would have folded this in a second. Still working on appropriate "selective aggression."

shadow29
02-07-2005, 09:49 PM
This is not a good example of selective aggression. You have BB betting into the pfr with 2 overcards. Next case.

Gambler
02-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Yes I see that now. That's why I said I was still working on finding the correct selective aggression.

QTip
02-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah...this is just bad because a Td gives a flush as well. ..so we may just have one out...Hate when this happens.

Lucena
02-08-2005, 11:37 AM
New poster here, so please bear in mind that I may well be an idiot. Having said that (and soon to prove it!) here are my thoughts on the hand:

Pre flop: four folds to hero so a raise with pokect tens. Like that a lot since a good flop won't have an overcard and even if there is one it may not hit someones hand if you can reduce the field. CO calls the extra bet suggesting he has a hand he can put some value in. BB completes.

What ranges of hands could the CO be holding to call a raise with? Paint? Sure, makes sense. Suited Aces? Sounds possible esp at micro level. Ace-rag. Again its micro...it can be there. Poket pair? You bet. Suited connectors? Odds aren't right for it but that may not mean much to the CO. Pure trash? Shouldn't be.

Flop comes with two overcards: Ace and King of Diamonds. Now what hands of CO does the Hero have beaten? Looks like poket pairs 99 down to 22 (excluding 44) and QJs and QJo. Looks fair to say Hero is behind in the hand and you are looking at a two outer to pull ahead unless CO actually holds QJ or is on the flush draw, in which case you have one out.

But consider what happens next: The blind bets out into a raise and a cold call. I wonder what he may hold that he can call a raise and then bet out? Ace and a fair kicker perhaps? Maybe a king and wants to see where he is at? Does it even mattter at this point? The hand is beat, it is not going to get better, drop it.

dinero2433
02-08-2005, 11:42 AM
LOL - AC Slater. Excellent name.

jaxUp
02-08-2005, 11:45 AM
This is a very good thought process to be going through. Most of the other posters have already done this and just didn't post it for everybody to see, but this is a big part of beating the game. It's important to be able to put people on a range of hands.

TT is an easy raise, and usually an easy 3-bet from LP. Get used to it. It works. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Keep thinking hands through like this, and post some of your own that you are unsure of.