PDA

View Full Version : Bubble question

AtticusFinch
02-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Should I push? Check it down?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1820)
SB (t1740)
Hero (t1830)
UTG (t1055)
MP (t3180)
CO (t375)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t600) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

SB Checks
Hero?

Big Limpin'
02-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Me? I min-bet this. Irregardless of whether the flop hits me.

If i'm BB, and only SB sees flop with me, its an auto bet every time. You bet 300 to win a 600 pot. Doest he muck more than 1 time in 3? For sure.

AtticusFinch
02-07-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If i'm BB, and only SB sees flop with me, its an auto bet every time. You bet 300 to win a 600 pot. Doest he muck more than 1 time in 3? For sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes good sense. Any other opinions?

ChrisV
02-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Move in preflop. Once every 3 zillion hands SB is trapping. The rest of the time you take it down.

SuitedSixes
02-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Agreed . . .

SuitedSixes
02-07-2005, 10:27 PM
. . . and agreed.

AtticusFinch
02-07-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Move in preflop. Once every 3 zillion hands SB is trapping. The rest of the time you take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly considered this, actually. Adjust the hand to something that even you wouldn't move in with, though. (Is there such a hand here?) Same question. Push? Minbet? check/fold?

ChrisV
02-07-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Adjust the hand to something that even you wouldn't move in with, though. (Is there such a hand here?)

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

microbet
02-07-2005, 11:35 PM
The first time you do this it works most of the time, but do you try it on the same player again in that game if he just completes? A third time? I would think after three times and probably after two a completion is a trap.

1C5
02-08-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you move all in here with any 2 you hold? Always?

AtticusFinch
02-08-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adjust the hand to something that even you wouldn't move in with, though. (Is there such a hand here?)

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasonable. Would you treat a minraise the same way? (Assuming you had enough chips to have some FE)

ChrisV
02-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Twice in a row is a max. Doing it three times is asking for it.

Scuba Chuck
02-08-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help myself. Irregardless is not a word. Just use regardless. LOL

Finch, what level are you playing at?

I think a push here with any two is profitable over the long run "For one hand." The problem here is that there are 6 players remaining, making this more middle play than bubble play. In middle play, I see more bonehead mistakes/moves by the fish out there.

FWIW, I would and do push in this scenario.

Scuba Chuck
02-08-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.

Reasonable. Would you treat a minraise the same way? (Assuming you had enough chips to have some FE)

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to treat a miniraise in this scenario as an indication that I have something, but not top pair. So I push, with any two cards.

In general, I like to put the decision in their hands. It's important to recognize that the villain (or victim) here has plenty of remaining chips to make this fold. I think if they had 1BB (for sure 2BBs less) they will auto call.

AtticusFinch
02-08-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help myself. Irregardless is not a word. Just use regardless. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you. I so wanted to say this myself.

[ QUOTE ]

Finch, what level are you playing at?

[/ QUOTE ]
$55
[ QUOTE ]

I think a push here with any two is profitable over the long run "For one hand." The problem here is that there are 6 players remaining, making this more middle play than bubble play. In middle play, I see more bonehead mistakes/moves by the fish out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but with blinds at 300 it's sort of a bizarre hybrid. I think ChrisV's solution of just pushing PF is the right one.

ChrisV
02-08-2005, 01:09 AM
No. I do attack minraises where possible, but nowhere near as much (when it's SB raising, I quite often prefer the call with position, as long as I have reasonable stack depth). Sometimes people minraise with any two cards, but most often they're indicating a borderline playable hand that they weren't sure about. When you try to push them off it sometimes they get all aggrieved and make angry calls. When SB limps in, however, he's indicating a hand he didn't really want to play in the first place but couldn't bring himself to fold. Usually in that situation, deep down they're really quite glad to get shown the door.

AtticusFinch
02-08-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, Chris, I've used this plan successfully twice today since reading this thread, once with 73o and once with 67o. Thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Scuba Chuck
02-08-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but with blinds at 300 it's sort of a bizarre hybrid. I think ChrisV's solution of just pushing PF is the right one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am guessing you didn't get this message from my response. But agreed, this is the correct play. And as you said in a previous post, sometimes this is a trap, but very rarely.