PDA

View Full Version : 5/5 at Ocean's -- I don't play as bad this time

Justin A
02-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Ok, so the table can't believe I played Q9 that way, and neither can I. But since I'm a lucky little prick, I pick up JJ in EP in the very next hand. My stack is about 700 at this point. I limp, a couple more limpers, and the button makes it 40. Button is a good player who has me well covered, and I'm really not looking to play a big pot with him unless I hit my set. Horrible guy on my right calls again, he's got me covered as well, and I call. Table is still buzzing about the last hand.

Flop is JTT. Bingo. So here's what I'm wondering, I've just flopped a monster in the very next hand after playing like a complete moron, what's my line here?

Flop is checked around. Turn is a rag, check to me I bet 100, button folds and bad player calls. Bad player hemmed and hawed over this call for awhile, leading me to believe he had next to nothing. River is a 9 or so, check, I bet 150, guy thinks a while and calls with what he said was two pair. I highly doubt his two pair was with a jack.

Standard? Lead the flop?

jwiles
02-07-2005, 09:05 PM
I would only lead the flop if i had the table image of being a loose cannon, ie someone who would go all in like your Q9 hand. Otherwise i think that probably sounds like a good way to play it.

iceman5
02-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Normally I would lead at the flop (especially after your last hand), but I doubt you would get raised because of the (2) tens out there. They might think you have T7s or something.

I think you played it pretty well. The preflop raiser probably had AK and you not getting any money from him unless he takes a shot at betting the flop, which he didnt fall for.