PDA

View Full Version : hello! im new in 2+2 forum and in poker. my results...

pif
02-07-2005, 07:38 PM
i started to learn about poker(Holdem) before 2 months.i never knew that most played poker is holdem (never heard that name).

now i play in ParadisePoker in 0.1/0.2 - 1/2 limits sometimes im doing good sometime bad

here my results in the last 2 weeks on 1$/2$ fixed limit:
http://www.geocities.com/mendi1122/1.jpg

1600 dealt hands

the first graph is the average hand quality in range of 50 hands. high hand quality mean hands like AA,KK...(the 15% good starting hands).
the second graph is the total money i won.
the third grpah is the total SB i won (because this represent only the 1/2 limit it identical to the second graph)

one nice thing u can c is that when im in the area of bad starting hands im losing money (maybe its because im not so patient to wait to the good ones and play medium hands)
when the starting hands r good i win money and but when i lose with good starting hands i lose decent amount..

my BB/100 is something like 5...
but i dont think that im a good player. that was just luck ...

btw i have a question: what BB/100 is account as good. and what limit one need to play good at to be able to think about leaveing is day job and start to work at poker games /images/graemlins/smile.gif
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MelchyBeau
02-07-2005, 10:03 PM
welcome to 2+2. Usually you need 10k hands in order to calculate if you are a winning player or not. check the small stakes limit forum FAQ. In there they have a link to show you how to calculate a confidence interval of your winrate.

You will find easier games at partypoker and it's skins. I'll admit though I don't like the interface. I prefer an interface such as Ultimatebet.

also think about getting pokertracker. It is great software that allows you to track your hands and how well you do, as well as how well people you play against do.

having a 5BB/100 is quite high, you should probably expect something like 3/100. I'm sure a better player will chime in.

welcome aboard.

Melch

Ray Zee
02-07-2005, 10:49 PM
welcome to the poker world. you seem to have the right stuff. study and learn and dont move up to stakes that will break you. advance as you know you can win at that new level. you can learn from us and we can from you.

TStoneMBD
02-07-2005, 10:59 PM
im fairly certain that a winning 20/40 player can sustain at least a 10BB/100 at .5/.10 on party poker, although thats just an educated guess. 5BB/100 is reasonable although 1600 hands isnt enough to determine if its just variance.