PDA

View Full Version : A short pot odds tale.

Gramps
02-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Was in Sacramento for the weekend to go to a Super Bowl Party on Sunday. Saturday night my friends and I headed to the local card club for a 20 player + 4 alternate NL tourney, $20+5 buy-in, top-4 paid. You start with only 20 BB and the blinds go up pretty quickly, so it was a tourney that definitely fell into the "educated crapshoot" category.

Down to 6 players, someone just got eliminated so no SB this hand. BB is 1600, player in BB has about 4,000 chips. UTG goes all-in for 1900. Folded around to BB who looks at his cards and mumbles something like, "I can't call with these," and folds, despite getting 11.67:1 on his call.

No, I did not reach across the table and slap him. Yes, I felt a strong urge to.

Oh yeah, and earlier another player UTG went all-in for 1,800, I was in the BB with 800 and called blind getting 3:1 on my chips, flipped over 32o (oh joy), and sucked out on ATs when I turned a gutshot. For the next 1/2 hour, the dude kept walking by waiting for his buddy to get knocked out, and would audibly say "32o" in a disgusted tone as he went by me.

Who says there's any luck in poker...