PDA

View Full Version : 22 and a line I don't think I take enough

mmbt0ne
02-07-2005, 06:13 PM
I got absolutely played on the wrong end of this line a couple days ago, and filed it away for a later use. Obviously this isn't a common play, but is this something I should be doing more often?

Villian is a 52/14/1.3

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> ...

shadow29
02-07-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but is this something I should be doing more often?

[/ QUOTE ]

heh. no.
I like it though. Hero takes down the pot.
I prolly fold to a raise on the turn, however.

mmbt0ne
02-07-2005, 06:20 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I prolly fold to a raise on the turn, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely fold to a turn raise and check any river card above a 9, folding if he bets when an A falls.

sin808
02-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I've never used this line in full ring but playing 2-3 handed it comes in handy quite often. Not sure if I'd do it with 22, but the line itself has merit in the right situation.

DMBFan23
02-07-2005, 06:39 PM
beautiful. I do this in the blinds against CO/Button raises all the time.

mmbt0ne
02-07-2005, 06:46 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I've never used this line in full ring but playing 2-3 handed it comes in handy quite often. Not sure if I'd do it with 22, but the line itself has merit in the right situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. If SB calls MP3s flop bet I'm almost 100% laying this down. Also, MP3 has a 17% WTSD, so I figured he would be a prime candidate to get blown off a hand of overs, which is going to be quite often I think if he's raising 14% of the time.

milesdyson
02-07-2005, 06:54 PM
What about calling the flop bet and check raising a 'good' turn card. It risks 2.5 BB but you only use 2 BB of it if you think the turn card gives you more of a chance to get him off his hand.

Plus, you win more than him folding to your first bet. And intuitively it seems that more people would fold to a turn check raise than a flop check raise and turn bet.

Entity
02-07-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about calling the flop bet and check raising a 'good' turn card. It risks 2.5 BB but you only use 2 BB of it if you think the turn card gives you more of a chance to get him off his hand.

Plus, you win more than him folding to your first bet. And intuitively it seems that more people would fold to a turn check raise than a flop check raise and turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That line works a lot less often, because he won't fold to a turn checkraise nearly as often, nor will he bet a worse hand on the turn as often as you need.

Rob