PDA

View Full Version : 33 set on straightish board

admiralfluff
02-07-2005, 04:30 PM
villain is 50/6 in 20 hands, no specific reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Schizo
02-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Looks good.

jgorham
02-07-2005, 04:45 PM
I would lead this flop. I know you want to make people pay for their draws, but I think there is a good chance this hand gets raised after you lead from someone holding an A. If that happens you can 3bet, trapping any callers for one bet +2 more cold.

A second consideration is that there is a fairly substantial chance this flop gets checked through, as it is a low rainbow board in a relatively small pot. You don't want that in the first place, and it puts you in a very difficult spot when an A or 6 hits as the turn.

Besides the flop I think your line is fine, but I would check/call the river if the board hadn't paired.

Schizo
02-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Dooh, ya lead the flop. I overlooked that.

admiralfluff
02-07-2005, 05:57 PM
given the way the table had been playing I would have been very surprised if this flop checked through. I thought that the added benefits of possibly making an A, 5, or 6 face 2 cold would outweigh the loss from this small chance. Does anyone agree with the check raise here, or can someone go a little more in depth as to why it is incorrect? thanks

carniplant
02-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I don't think a 5 ever folds this flop at PP 2/4, an A won't fold often dunno about the 6 so to me it's a good reason to lead/3bet flop

jgorham
02-07-2005, 07:11 PM
First point is that I agree you want to make people drawing to that straight pay as much as possible, my problem is that I am just unaware of table conditions that would really qualify going for a checkraise in this spot. At a passive table it seems like you should bet so the low board isn't checked through. At an aggressive table you should bet so that you have a chance to 3 bet and charge those draws even more. At a table somewhere in the middle I prefer the option that allows for a 3 bet to the option that doesn't.

jgorham
02-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Having it get checked through on the flop (while tragic) is really the secondary consideration here. I just feel like a bet from the small blind in this hand with that board is just asking for a raise somewhere, and you can take advantage of that with a 3bet.