PDA

View Full Version : 77 in the BB

dfscott
02-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Home tourney, down to 4 players, all in the money (pays to 4), blinds are 300/600. Hero is in the BB.

Stacks (prior to posting the blinds) are approximately:
Hero (t2100)
SB (t2300)
Button (t4600)
UTG (t5000)

Folded to the SB, who raises 1200. Hero has 77, and puts SB on a real hand (i.e., AK), not a blind steal. Hero goes all-in.

At the time, I told Hero that it was the right thing to do, but now I'm not so sure. This looks like either a coin-flip or a way behind situation. However, with probably only one more orbit left, I'm not sure if he has any choice, especially since maybe the read is wrong and it really is a steal.

Thoughts?

jcm4ccc
02-07-2005, 03:11 PM
If I'm the hero, I'm going all-in 100% of the time.

If I'm the SB in this situation, I'm pushing almost every hand. I already have two folds, and if I don't push, I am by far in the worst situation (2000 chips, with the blinds to hit me before they hit the second smallest stack).

The only reason I would hesitate to push is that the BB has only 2.5BB after posting, and is probably going to call me with a wide variety of hands. So I might fold something like 27o, 39o, etc., with the intention of pushing the next hand. But I might even push those hands, given my read of the BB (if the BB is even considering folding a pair, that makes me think that I would push any two).