PDA

View Full Version : peter king

sublime
02-07-2005, 02:26 PM
IMO, the best football writer around. basically, with peter gammons the only guy i read every time they put out a column.

here is his MMQB this week MMQB (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/02/07/mmqb.sb4/index.html)

Check out what harrison apparently said to Freddie Mitchell during the game.

jakethebake
02-07-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
basically, with peter gammons

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't stand him...ever since he stated that Teddy Kennedy was the "greatest American senator in history because he had introduced more legislation than any other senator." As if whoever produced the most red tape in which to tangle the country is the greatest.

He may know sports, but ever sinc eI heard that I just can't listen to that moron.

tbach24
02-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Read the Sports Guy. Best. Writer. Ever.

jakethebake
02-07-2005, 02:35 PM
apologies for the political rant.

davelin
02-07-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read the Sports Guy. Best. Writer. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

A year or two ago I had a little e-mail interchange with Sports Guy once regarding using the term "Chinaman" in his articles. Since then I've been a little turned off by his articles.

jakethebake
02-07-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A year or two ago I had a little e-mail interchange with Sports Guy once regarding using the term "Chinaman" in his articles. Since then I've been a little turned off by his articles.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see how men from China wouldn't want to be called that. Then again, thank goodness for coach Parcells or I wouldn't know that the use of "Orientals" is also taboo.

tbach24
02-07-2005, 02:50 PM
I've just started reading him over the past 1.5 years. You should really read it...so good. Especially if you are a Boston sports fans.

mmbt0ne
02-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I used to love reading Greg Easterbrooks(sp?) TMQ on page 2, but then he had to go off on some rant about Jewish people and movie violence. Apparently he forgot he was working for Disney.

istewart
02-07-2005, 03:09 PM
His daughter went to my high school and he lives in my town. He's a pretty good writer for SI, but whenever I've been in New England and listened to WEEI he just whines about stuff. Especially since he got turned down for MNF, I believe.

bosoxfan
02-07-2005, 03:09 PM
you can still read TMQ on NFL.com

7ontheline
02-07-2005, 03:12 PM
I actually like Len Pasquarelli at ESPN better than Peter King, although I catch his MMQB column every week. My problem with King is that he seems to give to much credit to stars and big-name coaches. He's always predicting success for them. Pasquarelli is good other than his love for Jeff George.

The Sports Guy is great when he's not writing about Boston. He's insufferable writing about the Patriots. Easterbrook is OK when he's not going off on a right-wing rant, which unfortunately is often.

mmbt0ne
02-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Awesome! I hope they're archived, I have some catching up to do.

davelin
02-07-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've just started reading him over the past 1.5 years. You should really read it...so good. Especially if you are a Boston sports fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a huge Sports Guy fan. But he refered to Yao Ming as a "Chinaman". I sent him an e-mail explaning that was a derogatory term for someone of Chinese-descent. He justified it by saying it made for a funnier joke. I countered and said he wouldn't use a racial slur to describe Shaq. Never heard from him again.

IndieMatty
02-07-2005, 03:26 PM
I think that article and its use of Chinamen was a Big Lebowski reference. I think, without a doubt, Bill Simmons is the funniest man in america right now.

youtalkfunny
02-08-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
here is his MMQB this week MMQB (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/02/07/mmqb.sb4/index.html)

Check out what harrison apparently said to Freddie Mitchell during the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read the entire piece. I saw no mention of Mitchell, nor of Rodney speaking.

J.R.
02-08-2005, 06:23 PM
The same peter king whose preseason picks included the Broncos over the Seahawks in the Super Bowl and Jake Plummer as his 2004 NFL MVP? Here (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/09/03/mmqb/)

sublime
02-08-2005, 06:23 PM
naw man. you ead the one page in my link (woops) and failed to notice that it was the LAST page of the article.

here ya go

king (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/02/07/mmqp.sb/index.html)

sublime
02-08-2005, 06:24 PM
The same peter king whose preseason picks included the Broncos over the Seahawks in the Super Bowl and Jake Plummer as his 2004 NFL MVP?

your point being?

J.R.
02-08-2005, 06:27 PM
it speaks for itself...

sublime
02-08-2005, 06:29 PM
it speaks for itself...

he gets paid to write his opinion some times, should he lie?

jesusarenque
02-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Peter King is a hack. I'm surprised he takes time off from blowing Brett Favre every week to write MMQB.

PhatTBoll
02-08-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easterbrook is OK when he's not going off on a right-wing rant, which unfortunately is often.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Easterbrook is known as an intellectual moderate, and writes for the left-leaning New Republic.

TMQ >>> MMQB

sublime
02-08-2005, 06:38 PM
also, if i remember correctly he picked carolina to go to the super bowl last year. i could be mistake, but i dont think so.

J.R.
02-08-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm just giving you a hard time, nobody has a crystal ball and he is certainly insightful and has a wide range of opinions. But people in the rocky mountain region love to pull out that card whenever his name gets brought up, and in retrospect, the predictions certainly seems silly. I'm chuckling to myself, there's no need to get all up tight dude, everyone in his business is wrong a lot of the time, even the best.

sublime
02-08-2005, 07:32 PM
JR rules!

that is all /images/graemlins/smile.gif