PDA

View Full Version : Part-time poker job and a question

07-25-2002, 04:29 PM
I have been playing a lot at night the last two months and I do believe that I deserve a vacation from poker! I cashed out almost all of my bankroll from PP and would like to try another site when I get done with my break. Who has the most players and best game selection online besides Paradise?

Thanx all!

07-25-2002, 05:43 PM
what game(s) are you looking for?

07-25-2002, 06:03 PM
Mainly any limit hold'em games. I don't mind playing lower limits; 2-4 to 5-10

07-25-2002, 06:16 PM
I don't play much hold em anymore, but a few months ago I tried out TruePoker. I found the hold em games there, from 1/2 to 5/10, extremely soft. I've heard the action has died down now, but if it's even half as good as it was in May it's worth a try. I heard WSEX has great higher limit hold em action, but haven't tried it.

07-25-2002, 07:00 PM

07-26-2002, 11:30 AM
I play at a variety of sites and have the following opinions (I play LL hold'em 2-4 to 5-10 and occasionally play 7-stud ):

Party Poker: Software still is subpar although tolerable(even after a few recent updates)there are games always however, at all hours, 3-6 and 15-30 are the most popular.

Poker.com: Easily has the worst software of any site. I have played there a lot although recently they just introduced Pot Limit so the fixed Low Limit games are not populated much anymore. (I have had the most success at this site than any other, so in spite of the poor software I play there).

WSEX: Has the highest stakes Hold'em game of any site 50-100, maybe even 75-150 (always at night). At the beginning there low limit games were easy to beat, but lately there is little traffic. None during the day and only a little in the evening.

True Poker: I haven't played here in 10 months or so, although I here the games are okay. The software is slow because of the player animation however.

Pokeroom.com: Games here are okay mostly low limit (the highest I believe is 10-20). Software is only medicore.

Pokerstars: In my opinion has the best software of any site. Very fast, servers are excellent. There is always a game or two. The competition low limit is fair to good, but beatable.

Ultimate Bet: Has great software as well, it is fast and the players play generally fast as well, I have never had much success here. They are the only site I know of that has "kill" games. They have traffic but sometimes there is only 1 or 2 low limit games going.

Planet Poker: They just did a software release. Some players don't like this site. There is sometimes only one or two games during the day (sometimes none)but always some action at night. They just speeded up their deal so the game software is better (when this site first opened several years ago the software was awful for a long time, better now). I have done okay at this site and still play there.

ProPoker: A newer site that is doing okay, I am sure they use props, although I don't think they are any better than most internet players. Additionally they are keeping the games going so there is always 2-4 and 3-6 games available. They just ran a promotion where you deposited $50.00 and they credited you an additional $100. You had to play in 3-6 or higher to eventually withdraw it, but is was still a great deal (they may still have this promo, not sure though)

As far as Americas Cardroom, gutspoker, Delta, sunrise and a few others I really haven't played at them or have played only occasionally. So I don't have an opinion on them.

If I was to want to move to a site after Paradise I think I would try Pokerstars or ProPoker, the software is faster than Paradise and more enjoyable as well(by the way I play at Paradise occasionally, and yesterday the game was so slow I had to leave, it seems players take forever to make up their mind, a site like PLanet has a much shorter time interval to decide your move so the games are faster).

As far as succes goes I have by far had the worst experience at Paradise (have lost more there than I care to admit), and have had the most success at Poker.com and PlanetPoker.

Hope some of this helps.

Yvonne

07-26-2002, 11:58 AM