PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a set, finished last. What do I do?

TheDelChop
02-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Ok since I know I'm gonna hear about it. I only limped because 6 of the last 7 pots were 8 handed with no raise.

Comments on all streets are welcome. Should I bet there turn? I don't see how I can with 7 to act behind me.

Ultimate Bet 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

River: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls, Hero?

Final Pot: 12 BB

DcifrThs
02-07-2005, 01:48 PM
you didn't mention postflop play in those pots...

but if 6/7 have been 1bet 8 people then limp if those people stay postflop.

and bet the turn without a question..makes river decision much easier and you still have equity to draw if its raised back to you

EDIT: not to mention the fact you could easily have the best hand b/c there have been no raises and/or checkraises that indicate large draws...if they are this passive, they may just check their small flushes to you and then not raise when you bet...but you should still bet to charge one spade hands

-Barron

TStoneMBD
02-07-2005, 10:01 PM
wow this is terrible. you need to bet this turn. just because there are alot of players in the hand doesnt mean someone has a flush. you need to protect against small spades, and your hand still has alot of value if someone does have a flush out there. after someone bet the river, calling for overcalls is a valid play, but once its raised and called in front of you, you should 3bet in this situation. noone has raised the flop, and MP1 did not bet the turn. BB just called the river raise, so you can be near certain that your hand is good.