PDA

View Full Version : Two AA hands

fnord_too
02-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Hand 1: Raise the turn or river, or just make sure every street is bet?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Hand 2: Anybody play this train wreck differently? I hated the flop, and seriously considered check folding the turn.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

TStoneMBD
02-07-2005, 09:50 PM
i think raising the turn on hand 1 is appropriate if you are comfortable folding to a 3bet. otherwise raising is going to bleed chips, against unknowns imo. hand 2 is standard.

Nate tha' Great
02-08-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm not sure based on the last couple of hands that you've posted that your sense for how much aggression you need to apply is correct to really milk the 15/30 game for all that it's worth right now.

You're ahead of the SB like 90% of the time in Hand 1 and I'm certainly going to want more bets to go in at some point, most likely on the river. If he's canny enough to get action by playing trips this way well more power to him.

Nate tha' Great
02-08-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think raising the turn on hand 1 is appropriate if you are comfortable folding to a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more comfortable 4-betting a 3-bet than folding to it.

fnord_too
02-08-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure based on the last couple of hands that you've posted that your sense for how much aggression you need to apply is correct to really milk the 15/30 game for all that it's worth right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's putting it diplomaticly, I'm leak central in the 15/30 game right now. I'm beating the rake though, I guess that's something. I have about another dozen hands cued up from the last couple of weeks, hopefully some of this advice will sink in.

[ QUOTE ]
You're ahead of the SB like 90% of the time in Hand 1 and I'm certainly going to want more bets to go in at some point, most likely on the river. If he's canny enough to get action by playing trips this way well more power to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about it, the more I think raising the river is the way to go.

TStoneMBD
02-08-2005, 01:49 AM
i am sure that nate's post is more on the money than mine. i often times get these aggression questions wrong because i simply cannot fathom how loose-aggressive these PP players are from the descriptions on these forums. in live games, the play is far more passive in every situation.