PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl labels for Pokerchips.com chips?

Dustin J.
02-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I am a little hesitant to post this due to all of the posts about chip labels already, but I don't really think any of them specifically adress my question.

I have a set of 700 Roman Mold chips with edgespots from pokerchips.com on the way, but I couldn't convince myself to pay double to have them labelled. I was wondering if anybody had advice as to whether or not vinyl/weatherproof labels such as those at onlinelabels.com (http://www.onlinelabels.com/ol1025.htm), specifically the weatherproof white, would work well with these chips. This seems to be much less expensive alternative, but if they end up causing problems I certainly don't want to ruin my chips becase of it. I've considered some of the labels sold on Ebay (e.g. lynbark, etc...), but I don't think they will be as durable as I would like.

Any advice/help you can provide me with will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Fins
02-07-2005, 01:04 PM
PC.com chips do not have a recessed center so I don't think lableing them is a good option... might check out x-file's post of his chips... this may have been answered better.

- Fins

smoore
02-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't put a $0.015 label on a $0.50 chip. I think you would ruin them. Your chips will be beautiful, I'm labeling some nexgens because I'm too cheap to buy real chips /images/graemlins/wink.gif

edit: see if you can contact PC.com and change the order so you can get the inlays. even a B&W built in inlay would be better than a color sticker, IMO.

jtr
02-07-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm no expert, but why not leave them plain? The texture of these chips seems great. A cheap label would surely be a bad idea.

Dustin J.
02-07-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm no expert, but why not leave them plain? The texture of these chips seems great. A cheap label would surely be a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will probably end up leaving them plain in the end. I was basically just wondering if someone had first-hand experience with these types of labels and was or wasn't happy with them. From the sounds of things, this is probably a pretty bad idea. Like I said earlier, I cannot justify double the price for pokerchips.com to label them.

Thank you for the replies, and I'll try to post some pics once they come in. It should be a few months, although I hear the actual time varies dramatically.

Cin0s3
02-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I just had a guy send me some to print his, I dont use them because of the price. They are extremely thinner than the matte or glossy ones on onlinelabels.com. I will report back when I print them tonight and let you know how the final print turns out.