PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Steelers fans and Eagles fans

kyro
02-07-2005, 12:02 PM
As a student at Penn State, I have to put up with both Steelers fans and Eagles fans all year. I noticed some interesting things the last 3 weeks though...

Steelers fans:

"Wow, your team completely outplayed and outcoached us. They completely shut down the run, and forced Ben to make bad decisions. Brady was outstanding; he picked us apart. They deserved to win. Good luck in the Super Bowl."

Eagles fans:

"Your team sucks. The only reason you won is because McNabb IS THE WORST QUARTERBACK EVER! Those interceptions that McNabb threw were his the worst throws I've ever seen. Oh, Brady didn't make any mistakes? That's because our defense didn't step up and make the big plays. We gave you that game."

Any time I talk to a Steelers fan, I feel like I'm talking to a true fan. Most Steelers fans could name all the favorite foods of each player on that team. They know what the hell they're talking about in terms of football strategy too. (I'm going to be honest. I don't. I love the Pats, I rooted for them even before the Bledsoe/Parcells years, but to call myself a diehard football fan would be a lie)

Eagles fans just seem miserable and unwilling to give credit where credit is due. Is this what it's like listening to us Red Sox fans for years? My humble apologies. I became a quasi-Steelers fan this year, mainly because I like the way they play football, and I like their fans. Philly fans, get over it. The better team actually won the game?!?

istewart
02-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I can't say I completely agree with these statements as the general opinions of fans at my school. It's pretty much just that the Eagles have a developed a wider and less "sports-intelligent" bandwagon fan-base in the last 3 years, and it's expected that they'll make and win the NFC Championship game.

Going into this season the Steelers had no such hope and their fans should be thankful they got as far as they did.

Broken Glass Can
02-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Pennsylvania is reflective of the USA in miniature. The Philly environs is blue state snobby elitest. The rest of the state is red state gregarious and humble. This is not so hard to understand.

hoyaboy1
02-07-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't find you characterization to be accurate at all, but whatever.

And if a supposed Eagle fan can't sing the fight song (a good test), please do us all a favor and punch him/her.

ethan
02-07-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pennsylvania is reflective of the USA in miniature. The Philly environs is blue state snobby elitest. The rest of the state is red state gregarious and humble. This is not so hard to understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to the politics forum. Seriously.

troll.

jakethebake
02-07-2005, 12:30 PM
What did you expect from a fan base that actually likes T.O.?

Broken Glass Can
02-07-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to the politics forum. Seriously.

troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not like it, but cultural factors do affect things like fan behavior. No everyone in this country is a moral eunuch.

Clarkmeister
02-07-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not have to like him, but you should respect him. Dude risked his career and came up huge. His work ethic is unquestioned and he has been one of the 3 best at his position for a long time now.

MelK
02-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Did you see how the Patriots mimicked TO's wing-flapping celebrations? David Givens did it after scoring in the 2nd quarter, and Rodney Harrison did it after his late game interception.

sublime
02-07-2005, 12:48 PM
did you see how the Patriots mimicked TO's wing-flapping celebrations? David Givens did it after scoring in the 2nd quarter, and Rodney Harrison did it after his late game interception.

that was HILARIOUS!

ps-
i hate TO. i do however, have to respect him after last night.

jakethebake
02-07-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You may not have to like him, but you should respect him. Dude risked his career and came up huge. His work ethic is unquestioned and he has been one of the 3 best at his position for a long time now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing his ability. And he played a great game last night. He's a very good receiver. He's also a horse's ass.

I'm not sure why all this play or not play is such a big deal though. Face it. It may be his only chance at a Superbowl. He's got all the money he needs. This was a no brainer for him, and would be for any player. I'm also unsure why peoiple were knocking him for being "selfish" on this one. Again, I think it was the only obvious choice for him. If he could play at, he really should have for himself and his team. I didn't even see any grounds for a real debate.

He still bahaves like a child. I especially loved when he was yelling at McNabb on the sideline. Classic.

fatmongo
02-07-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ps-

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put. As far as his play goes, he is the real deal.

Bulldog
02-07-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did you see how the Patriots mimicked TO's wing-flapping celebrations? David Givens did it after scoring in the 2nd quarter, and Rodney Harrison did it after his late game interception.

that was HILARIOUS!

ps-

[/ QUOTE ]

When did it become cool to mock someone else's celebration. I'm not defending TO--I know he mocked the Ray-Ray dance. But if you can't come up with anything original on your own, don't bother. Sheesh.

kev0ut
02-07-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that was HILARIOUS!

ps-

[/ QUOTE ]

When did it become cool to mock someone else's celebration. I'm not defending TO--I know he mocked the Ray-Ray dance. But if you can't come up with anything original on your own, don't bother. Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was funny when Hines Ward did it 3 months ago, but then when it was repeated twice more in the Steelers game and 3 more times by the Pats, it just got old and lame.

jakethebake
02-07-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was funny when Hines Ward did it 3 months ago, but then when it was repeated twice more in the Steelers game and 3 more times by the Pats, it just got old and lame.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When did any of the idiotic dances become cool. How about instead of trying to be Michael Jackson, or act like [censored] clowns, they just play [censored] football. Christ if I wanted to see clowns I'd go to the [censored] circus.

Mano
02-07-2005, 02:48 PM
The Eagles fans should have nothing to be ashamed of. Their team played with heart, and represented well. I, for one, thought that going into the game it would be a blowout. In the end, I believe the best team won, but Philly showed a lot of guts - they definitely made a much better showing than either Pittsburgh or Indianapolis. If the Philly fans are down on their team then shame on them.

namknils
02-07-2005, 02:56 PM
I didn't read all the replys, but I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention (incase no one mentioned it yet) that the Eagles fans booed Donovan McNabb when he was picked in the draft. Complete idiots. He's the best thing that ever happened to that team and the fans have no clue.

I don't like Philly fans either, but luckily I don't have to deal with them.

tyfromm
02-07-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Eagles fans should have nothing to be ashamed of. Their team played with heart, and represented well. I, for one, thought that going into the game it would be a blowout. In the end, I believe the best team won, but Philly showed a lot of guts - they definitely made a much better showing than either Pittsburgh or Indianapolis. If the Philly fans are down on their team then shame on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, this year they lost in the Superbowl instead of the Conference championship. They are moving up in the world. /images/graemlins/smile.gif