PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney???

jakethebake
02-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Who's idea was it to wheel this guy out? Very weird. They had the whole military tribute, red-white-and-blue theme, and the rest of the patriotic stuff. Then they wheel out a 90-year-old British pop star? O.k. I'm not necessarily knocking McCartney, just the fact that he just didn't fit.

Oh yea, and someone needs to tell him thatthe majority of the people at the game may not have been born when Hey Jude came out so they probably can't "sing it people!" That was hilarious!

Jack of Arcades
02-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Everyone knows Hey Jude, and if they don't, they learned it quickly, because it's pretty simple.

jakethebake
02-07-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows Hey Jude, and if they don't, they learned it quickly, because it's pretty simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's why they weren't singing.

Jack of Arcades
02-07-2005, 11:00 AM
I guess that's why you're deaf. Seriously, there's already a thread on this but it doesn't surprise me that you started a new one.

jakethebake
02-07-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess that's why you're deaf. Seriously, there's already a thread on this but it doesn't surprise me that you started a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. O.k. I looked but didn't see it. Get a grip though.

Catch of the Day
02-07-2005, 11:27 AM
FWIW...

I thought that that was one of the best half time shows I have ever seen. Having artists that actually sound good live is always a plus, and that rendition of "Hey Jude" was one of the best I have ever heard.

Catch-

nicky g
02-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Is the enterainment always that bad at Superbowl's? It started off with some geriatric fiddler and went downhill from there.

Clarkmeister
02-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Looked to me like Paul was rocking the hizzy.

PoBoy321
02-07-2005, 12:44 PM
it's this one. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1683839&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=5#Post1685363)

as for my two cents, say whatever you want about paul mccartney being out of place or whatever. he's an amazing performer and i think that he put on one of the best halftime shows of recent years.

and people were singing along, it might just have sounded faint because they probably had noise dampeners to block out the sound of the fireworks. i mean the words are "na na na na na na na na na na na hey jude." if you don't have down syndrome you should be able to pull that one off.