PDA

View Full Version : Winning first MTT - Thank you 2+2ers!

TaxGoddess
02-07-2005, 08:50 AM
On Saturday night I played a $10 + 1 MTT on Stars w/ 1500 other players, and won!

I just wanted to thank all of you, especially the posters in this forum, for all of your help over the last two years. I have learned a lot about the game from your advice and insight posted here. I am mainly a low limit SnG player, and have especially enjoyed and learned from the weekly 2+2 games I have played (and watched Code play).

Speaking of Codewarrior, I must say that most of what I know about poker (and did during the MTT) was a result of the lessons he beat into my head over my four years playing online. My plays from position, to end game, and even reading players, were the result of his patient lessons. I couldn't ask for a better teacher, or husband /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, thanks to all. I look forward "seeing" all of you here and at the tables.

Good luck all!

TaxGoddess

stripsqueez
02-07-2005, 09:10 AM
did you do a lot of squealing after the last hand ?

i like to dance - both is good

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

TaxGoddess
02-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Yes, I did a little squealing after the last hand. But what was funnier, I almost hypervenilated when it got down to 5 players, I just couldn't believe it, as I had never gotten to that level of payout before. I have placed (8th, 9th, 15th) a couple times in multis, but lower buy-in tourneys w/ fewer people so not as much money was involved.

It was fun, and I am looking forward to trying it again.

codewarrior
02-07-2005, 10:30 AM
You're sweet. I love you! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Can I borrow $2? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TaxGoddess
02-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Poster: codewarrior

"Can I borrow $2?"

'Fraid not sweetie, I have already committed the funds to pay the taxes that we owe for 2004, and of course putting back some to cover the 2005 taxes on the winnings.

Sometimes it sucks to be a responsible American taxpayer...

AA suited
02-07-2005, 07:04 PM
so how much does a 1500 10+1 mtt pay?

AtticusFinch
02-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Way to to, TG! I've never done well in multi tables. I just don't think I'm patient enough.

DrPhysic
02-07-2005, 07:39 PM
$3355

Way to go TG.

Doc