PDA

View Full Version : Playing an Ace high flop against fish

mack848
02-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Here's the scenario.

I raise two LPass limpers from MP with JJ. Lpass BB calls, as do the limpers. Pot is 8.5SB.

Flop is A95r.

1st limper bets, 2nd calls, I ??

Given that these limpers play any ace and there are three of them, and that two have bet into the preflop raiser, how bad is folding here?

Am I only thinking this because they always seem to be holding an ace right now?

If there are 5 loose opponents in all, what are the (approx)odds that none of these opponents was dealt an Ace?

If you raise the flop, do you fold if bet into on a blank turn? Do you bet or take a free card, if checked to?

Before my bad run, I thought I knew what to do here!

Mack

flytrap
02-07-2005, 07:27 AM
I would fold here. There is a good chance one of them has an Ace. And even if your hand is good now, it is very vulnerable to a drawout. So the combined chances of being way behind now, and the chances of losing by the river even if I am ahead, make this a clear fold.
And if, like you said, you raised the flop, you have to bet the turn. Don't raise on the flop just for a free card. You have 2 outs if they have an ace. You need to decide on the flop if you're going to persue the hand or not. If you do decide to continue, then raise and lead the turn. If you get bet into on the turn, I'd fold.