PDA

View Full Version : Moneymaker's Book

Bill Murphy
02-07-2005, 05:14 AM
Any of you see this yet? Saw it at B&N last night and did a double take. Skimmed it. First part's a brief bio, rest is mainly a recap of the 2003 Main Event(duh).

Very interesting to read his thoughts. Kid doesn't spare himself on stuff regarding his drinking, marital seperation, etc either.

Funniest part: He & his buds get so smashed at a strip club that night their bill is *$15K*. MM only has 5K. Manager ain't even trying to hear the "Dude, I got 2.5 mil in a box at Binion's." Won't let 'em leave. F'nly, this girl they'd been hanging with knows a famous poker player(guess who), calls him up and he brings down 10K.

daryn
02-07-2005, 05:23 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
this girl they'd been hanging with knows a famous poker player(guess who), calls him up and he brings down 10K.

[/ QUOTE ]

so who?

Kevmath
02-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Maybe it was the Matador, however, he used the 9k he had just wiped his ass with.

Kevin...

Bill Murphy
02-07-2005, 08:52 PM
LOL!

Actually, it was Huck Seed.

sublime
02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Actually, it was Huck Seed.

like duhh. comna daryn, get with the program.

lighterjobs
02-08-2005, 12:39 AM
lol i didn't know who it was.

sublime
02-08-2005, 01:36 AM

then your with the "cool" crowd

tomorrown we start smoking cigarettes

scrub
02-08-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

then your with the "cool" crowd

tomorrown we start smoking cigarettes

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike is running hot this week.

scrub

sublime
02-08-2005, 01:42 AM
Mike is running hot this week.

i could show you my PT stats to disprove this /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kcATtheBat
02-10-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very interesting to read his thoughts. Kid doesn't spare himself on stuff regarding his drinking, marital seperation, etc either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same - checked it out while wasting time in Borders. Just read the last sections where he reflects on life after the tournament. I will give him credit - he's a realist and knows his own personal weaknesses and demons. You need to have that as a poker player.

I also have to give him full credit for using a Sports Night quote, though. ;-)

-kc