PDA

View Full Version : home tourney question

walterberk
02-07-2005, 01:41 AM
Basiclly all of my play is home SNGs since I had some bad experiences playing online. I usully beat my friends, but went out 4th and 3rd the last two games respectively. I think the problem in both situations is that I didn't build up my chips enough towards the end. I like to play tight and aggressive, but I think when we get down to the end, I don't make enough moves. Anyone have any ideas/experiences/wisdom regarding this that they can empart on me? I'm pretty sure I have the potential to beat them every time we play.

REL18
02-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Two things you can get from this post. One you are inexperienced at poker. Two youve never been to twoplustwo.com before do you realize u jsut made a bunch of statements with about zero facts except what place u placed not even how many, im really guessing both of my possiblities are both right.

AtticusFinch
02-07-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Two things you can get from this post. One you are inexperienced at poker. Two youve never been to twoplustwo.com before do you realize u jsut made a bunch of statements with about zero facts except what place u placed not even how many, im really guessing both of my possiblities are both right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll never understand the need to jump all over the new guys. We were all clueless newbies once, many of us not that long ago. I'm all for pointing out the lack of information, but you don't have to be snippy about it.

As for the poster's questions, do a search in the archives for the board faq. The basics discussed there should work fine in home tourneys, assuming the blinds are raised relatively quickly. And keep reading this board. Never mind the curmudgeons who flame newbies. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Very brieffly, you are correct that in general more aggression is warranted when the blinds are higher relative to the stack-sizes at the table.

And welcome to the board.

lorinda
02-07-2005, 04:54 AM
I'd understand if you had bad experiences online never wanting to go there again, but there are play chip tourneys available, that while they won't help your early game much, they will help you to deal with being the short stack at the end of a game, as correct play will put you in this position a lot.

Sorry if this was in bad taste, depending on what your experiences were.

Lori