PDA

View Full Version : Fold for two cold in a big pot?

tpir90036
02-07-2005, 01:22 AM
PP 15/30... only one-and-a-half orbits in and I do not have notes on the two players involved. My only read on villain #1 is that he seems to be some sort of weird passive/aggressive mix as I saw him limp with AK, get raised, hit TPTK and never showed any aggression. Then later he semi-bluffed into a PF raiser every street and kept getting raised and called on the river with A-high after he missed. Anyway...

Villain #1 open-limps in MP. Folded to me in the button and I raise with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB (villain #2) 3-bets, #1 calls two, I cap, both call.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif.
SB bets, MP calls, I raise, SB 3-bets, MP calls two cold, I cap, both call.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets $25 all-in. MP now comes to life and raises. I ???

Against a normal person I think this is a fold. Seems like a weird time to bluff with someone all-in who probably has you beat if you do not have it. It was 3 BBs to calldown and I was not sure what was going on since villain #1 had played the few hands I had seen him play so oddly.

So what is SOP without a real good read? A weak-tight fold? A dumb call-down? Both? Neither?

mtdoak
02-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Heads up this is an easy call. To be honest, what is MP going to call two cold (TWICE) with? J-10, 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, or some Raggedy QJ or Q10. Or he flopped a set with 99 or 33 and is slowplaying. With no read and SB all in, I muck. Your going to get to see his cards for free, and if your not behind him your behind the SB. Your only laying 6-1 (12 BB in the pot with no redraws, so you are going to have to ahead of both players 15% of the time or more. Muck.