PDA

View Full Version : Two 5-10 hands that might be good or might not

kelvin474
02-06-2005, 10:36 PM
5-10 Pacific, 9-handed

Hero is LMP with black Kings. 2 limps to hero, Hero Raises, CO and SB call, limpers call.

Flop (10.5 SB): A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to Hero. Hero bets, folded to EMP who checkraises. Hero 3-bets, EMP calls.

Turn (8 BB): Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

EMP bets, Hero Folds.
EMP won the 9 BB pot.

I 3-bet the flop. If he had capped I was folding the turn to a bet. If he had checked the turn, I was betting and folding to a checkraise. If he check-called the turn, I was checking through the river and folding to a bet, if he bet river. Like it?

Second hand: Hero is the Button with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG+2 limps, MP limps, Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds, limpers call.

Flop (8.5 SB): Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked to MP. MP bets, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Stop here for a minute: do i raise the flop? I really wish i had a club /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Turn (5.5 BB): A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked to Hero. Hero bets, BB calls, MP calls.

River (8.5 BB): 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets, Hero calls.

How did I do on that one? i hated that flop but now i'm thinking there are reasons to raise, which include that I may have the best hand and if I do, there are lots of draws. If I'm not, I almost certainly have 3 outs to at least a chop and probably have 5 outs (the other 2 jacks) and maybe some partial outs for the Aces.