PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky whiff or FPS?

emonrad87
02-06-2005, 08:27 PM
With such a draw-weak board, I wasn't too worried about protecting on the flop, so I wanted to go for a check-raise on the turn. Button was 25/7.14/4 and hadn't shown any signs of raising for free cards, etc. so I was surprised when the turn checked through. Was this Fancy Play Syndrome or did I just get unlucky here?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 7.66 BB

easypete
02-06-2005, 08:34 PM
You're out of position here... I would 3-bet the flop and lead the turn. I hate that it got checked through here on the turn.

A SnG can be used too if a non-broadway card hits. Tough call tho, if he hasn't been raising for freecards... hmmm.

I like the 3-bet flop lead turn line.

Harv72b
02-06-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm confused why you would want to go for a check/raise on the turn. You have TPGK, but that's hardly an unbeatable hand, especially with probable gutshot draws out against you. Check/raising the turn just traps MP1 for an extra bet, and doesn't protect your hand in the least.

I like a stop &amp; go much better here...3-betting the flop only bloats the pot to make it more likely a gutshot + middle pair will call your turn bet (EDIT: although that's an impossible holding before the 9 hits on the river. You know what I meant, tho).