PDA

View Full Version : Collusion Detection

07-22-2002, 02:11 PM
What would be some game play scenarios that would lead someone to beleive that there was collusion going on??

07-22-2002, 04:59 PM
Anyone named MSSUNSHINE is the prop manager.

07-22-2002, 07:11 PM

07-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Good cheats won't be detected by simple observation. If you see something suspicious, report it to the support people. I know most 'honest' sites have a vested interest in keeping cheats out. The colluders make people loose their money too fast and the site will suffer. These sites (at least some claim to) have sophisticated software and trained 'security' personnel who investigate and will nail people when they gather serious evidence.

07-23-2002, 06:16 AM
LoL, These sites only boast of it. The sites also boast about their random number generators.

In my opinion all this is faked, and only meant to make the players happy that somebody is taking care of collusion.

I heard of paradise blocking FEW people stating they were colluding. Those people however have claimed innocence.

It is very easy to collude in such a way that, no software in the world can ever detect anything wrong with a persons play.[ Colluding for few games in an hour when both partners have good hands is the key to such play. ]

But still, online poker is great fun, keep playing.

07-23-2002, 07:00 PM
Tommy Angelo posted a great thread re: collusion a little while back. The fact is, in most cases, individuals attempting to collude will often end up costing themselves numerous bets in many situations. They will be protecting a hand that should be played for value and often play a hand for value that should be protected. In limit play, even good colluders/cheaters, will only gain an extremely small advantage over the unaware.

In no limit or pot limit there is more of a concern.

As a rule, I generally watch a game for 2 or 3 orbits prior to sticking my nose into it and of course beware of games with 2 or more players from the same location/city playing. I am NOT saying that they would be cheating, but what if I am wrong??

Due diligence can save you some money over time but if you get too caught up in worrying about collusion, in will inevitably affect your own game.

Larry