07-21-2002, 09:01 PM
207 entrants, 27 places pay

raconteur 166th

MS Sunshine 133rd

messiah 37th

kingoclubs 32nd %#&^$^#@@#$!!!!

Marinus 26th

Linden_Arden 3rd

I think we did pretty well. Who'd I miss? Of course I would have prefered 202nd and 4hrs of my life back /images/smile.gif. The tournament was very well structured, and was not a crapshoot by any means. With few exceptions, the people in and near the money were good to excellent players. Of course, myself, bob, MS, and RJG got terribly unlucky and will do better next time.

Congrats to Linden. Very nicely done, way to carry the team. By the way, is that Ocean City, NJ?.

Note to self: DON'T FINISH 5 OUT OF MONEY TOMORROW.

07-21-2002, 09:30 PM
I played no hands for over an hour then check-raised all-in a guy on the flop, who happened to flop aces full. The hand went downhill from this point.

MS Sunshine

07-21-2002, 10:50 PM
Hey Glenn-

First of all- thanks to Raconteur- whos pick of me- gave me a little extra confidence going into the event.

Secondly- yes it is Ocean City, NJ /images/smile.gif.

I couldnt believe- with the random draw- that we got the table that we did to open. It was pretty brutal. And- i wasnt real happy to see you sitting across from me /images/smile.gif. I thought for sure- when you got to 3k right away- that you were gonna have a real good tourney- and you did. I have no doubt you'll break through- in a bigger event.

The last hand i played is a real interesting one- that im sure would create some discussion. And ill post it later. I need a nap /images/smile.gif. Thanks for the support everyone. And good job- all.

07-21-2002, 11:19 PM
I went back and looked at the HH for the last hand i played. It wasnt as interesting as i thought it was- lol. Just got caught up in the moment /images/smile.gif.

I do want to say this though. I usually avoid tourneys- due to the fickle nature of them.

I offer two hands- as an example- of what fate can do to one's results.

Hand #1

With about eight tables left- i faced a raise from joshjr who was sitting on my right. Yes- the same joshjr- who knocked me out- and finished second. He had about 3000 in chips- i had about 4000. I had A-K-2-6 with hearts- and called his 300 dollar or so raise. The flop came A-4-7.

He checked and i bet about 700. He called.

The turn was a K. He checked and i bet about 2000 or so- putting him all-in (sorry if the chip totals arent exact). He had A-4-9-6. The river was a 2- and he got 1/4 of the pot. Otherwise- he was gone.

Hand #2

With about four tables left- i was in the BB- and Marinus was in the SB. It folded to us- and he called- i checked. The flop came A-2-3 all hearts. I had J-3-3-5. I bet the pot- and he raised me virtually all-my chips. This was the only hand i played real bad all day. I went all-in. He had K-2-4-8 with nut hearts. I was in horrendous shape. He got MISERABLY unlucky- when i made quads on the turn- and we chopped the pot. Otherwise- it might have been Marinus that finished in 3rd- instead of me-- which he probably deserved.

07-22-2002, 08:02 AM
Don't finish 5 out of the money? What good does "just getting in the money" do???

Finishing 19-27th would have "won" you $362.25. That sounds great until you realize the entry fee is $265, and the actual profit is only $97.25. So finishing "in the money" doesn't do you much better than not entering at all unless you finish 1st-18th.

07-22-2002, 09:52 AM
Yep, a truly miserable showing by yours truly. I may well have misplayed my elimination hand, so if anyone fancies kicking a man when he's down...:)

15/30 blinds, and I am in the big blind sitting on just under 2,000. A total maniac who has been hitting everything on hands like 10-9-8-2, K-9-6-4 (you get the idea), raises the max under the gun. All fold to me, I have A-A-4-9, and reraise the max. He calls. The flop is K-Q-3, giving me a nut flush draw. I bet the pot, he raises me all my chips and I call. He shows K-K-Q-5. The poker Gods tease me by putting a 2 on the turn for a wheel draw, but another one rivers to fill him up and send me packing.

Comments?

Regards,

Richard

btw, Dolores, very well done last night. I watched the final, and also listened to it on voiceofpoker.com, which was much better than I expected it may have been.