PDA

View Full Version : How do people '8-table'?

GauchoFish
02-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I keep seeing this referred to and i did a lengthy archive search and can find nothing. How are people playing more than 4 PP tables at once? If anybody would care to detail this for me I would be very appreciative and interested to learn. You may email me if you don't wanna post here. wfdean at hotmail dot com.

Thanks

WD

eastbay
02-06-2005, 03:39 PM
They use two sites or skins, like Party and Empire.

eastbay

AtticusFinch
02-06-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Or two computers.

GauchoFish
02-06-2005, 03:42 PM
gotcha...thanx

GauchoFish
02-06-2005, 03:43 PM
eh??????

how does this work????

two comps at same location can have two pp accounts open?

AtticusFinch
02-06-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eh??????

how does this work????

two comps at same location can have two pp accounts open?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how your network is set up, but yes, usually.

J-Lo
02-06-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that i know "how" you 8 table, really "HOW" do you eight table...

Let me start by tooting my own horn... I play the $15+1 turbos on stars... and this last weak i played 137 STT for a profit of $1050 and an roi of about 47% (Again, i know this is unsustainable and this has been a very good run) This was multitabling 3 at a time...

Now this is how i multitable, i fire up 2 to start and wait about 20-25 minutes to start a new one... only 1. I've tried starting 2 at this time, and I run into problems described below....
1.) I focus on only one table, and i usually win that or ITM high percentage of the time. But the other tables get left cripled considerably...
2.) If i'm short on all the tables, i go w/o reads and get a bit wreckless and start pushing either too early, or card that do not warrant the push upon further review.

Now how do i get reads on everyone and distribute my focus to bring my roi down to 30-35% but still play many tables at once, i cannot focus on more than 3 at a time. And multitabling 3 at a time has shown the best balance of good play.

microbet
02-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Well, that's 3 tables, but HOW do you 8-table? I don't know. Do you:

Go without reads, just thinking about each hand you get involved with?

Just know most of the players at your level? (only really top levels I would think)

Look at PokerTracker before every decision, maybe the live view add on whatever it's called?

You are either a genius, a poker savant, or just when you have done it long enough you can get reads on that many games?

Are you always making tables wait a long time for you?

J-Lo
02-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Generally i make my plays really quick because they are early in the game, but when it becomes bubble time, i might hafta take some time and make tables wait on me. In fact when i'm on the bubble at one table, and the other table is early on, i have taken so long at the bubble table, that when i click on the other table, and look at QQ, it's too late and it gets folded. But i do not mind that because my bubble play is that good and i normally ignore the tables that are at level 1 and 2 because i truly cannot focus on more than 2 tables.

Also, when i say i make tables wait on me, it's because i'm contemplating calling SB's push when i'm in BB w/ KJo because this is the third time in a row he has done it.