PDA

View Full Version : I need some book reccomendations to improve my library for limit games

ChoicestHops
02-06-2005, 03:26 PM
I currently have Small Stakes Hold Em, Theory of Poker, and Hold Em Poker Advanced Players.

What do I need to get to further extend my limit-game poker knowledge?

binions
02-06-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I currently have Small Stakes Hold Em, Theory of Poker, and Hold Em Poker Advanced Players.

What do I need to get to further extend my limit-game poker knowledge?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 3 of the best.

You might consider

Real Poker II - The Play of Hands by Roy Cooke
Improve Your Poker by Bob Ciaffone

Then there are the other 2+2 books (Poker Essays, Inside the Poker Mind, etc.)

Finally, there are books like

Middle Limit Holdem
Internet Texas Holdem

That might be of interest to you.

pancakes
02-06-2005, 04:03 PM
psychology of poker, middle-limit poker, SS2

ChoicestHops
02-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Im eventually going to get the psychology books, but I dont see their relevance in limit games personally. I was also under the impression that Super System I and II were more for no-limit play.

Right now Im thinking Middle Limit and Improve Your Poker.

cowboyzfan
02-06-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the suggestions.

Im eventually going to get the psychology books, but I dont see their relevance in limit games personally. I was also under the impression that Super System I and II were more for no-limit play.

Right now Im thinking Middle Limit and Improve Your Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Super System covers several poker games and has a different author for each game. Don't get SS1 at this point since the limit section is for a different blind structure and the no limit section is the same as in SS2.

bonanz
02-06-2005, 07:33 PM
seriously get real poker

ChoicestHops
02-06-2005, 08:04 PM
What is so good about Real Poker?

ChoicestHops
02-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Alright, I did some searching and Real Poker sounds like a good book.

I just finished up my Amazon order for Improve Your Poker, Middle Limit Poker, and Real Poker II for a measely $50.05 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BarronVangorToth
02-06-2005, 09:07 PM
You have arguably the three best books already, and I have a fairly extensive poker library (mostly filled with horrible books by terrible players, but that's another story).

I would recommend one thing, though, something that so many people say they do or say they will do and few do:

reread those texts multiple times. Read each through, read the others, read them all again, and continue to read them.

You can't read them enough and you will constantly improve your game just by the repetition and study.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)