PDA

View Full Version : The WCOOP is upon us

07-21-2002, 10:30 AM
After a frustrating effort in the $100 Limit I am looking forward to a day off, retiring from satelites having won every seat i wanted. (Limit $100, Stud8 $250, NL $300, and heads up $400) Thankfully winning them turned out to be less than third the price of paying for them (of course you can't pay for the heads up).

The shear number of players in the $100 limit made it a difficult task to get through, one bad beat always being able to knock you down or out.

Now that the first event is over, i think that the numbers will drop substantially, and you will see the stronger players emerging more frequently (not to knock anyone in the limit Holdem event today).

It would be good to see Pokerstars management present at final tables to oversee any talk of deals. Pokerstars do allow deals but do not oversee the making of them or pay the money as agreed. It is up to the players to arrange transfers but i think during the WCOOP with big money at stake, they should be present for any deals.

Anyway,good luck to any and all playing in the PLO8 event. Why there is no PLO high i have no idea, but maybe we will see it in years to come.

07-21-2002, 12:40 PM
Quote from http://www.pokerstars.com/wcoop_schedule.html.

WCOOP Championship Events Deals

If all remaining players in a WCOOP Championship event agree to discuss a deal for the remaining prize money, PokerStars will pause the tournament to allow a discussion. If an agreement is reached by all remaining players, PokerStars will execute the agreement and transfer the funds after the completion of the tournament.

Only players at the final table may deal for the money, and no deal is allowed that does not include all remaining players.

07-21-2002, 01:16 PM
I had not seen that. I find this very important for online tournament poker.

MS Sunshine