PDA

View Full Version : Why people hate UB-2

07-21-2002, 02:39 AM
The fact is that UB-2 should be a good idea, so why do people not just dislike it, they really HATE the idea. It gives people more money for nothing, without taking it away from anyone but the site. This is like a refund of rake, but people hate it. I have a few ideas.

1. People dont like the idea of other people making money and prospering. They would rather everyone be unhappy rather than happy if they had a choice. I know this for a fact, I see it every day. I trade on the floor with 1000's of people. If someone gets a trade, people are always hoping that the trader who did the trade misses their hedge. Its usually quietly hoping, but you can see it on their face. They would rather no one makes money, I guess its just human nature.

2. This one is actually a valid point. People hate spam, and UB-2 has "please spam your friends, family and forum associates" written all over it. This is the only reason why I dont like UB-2.

3. People are pointing out that UB-2 may not be legal, this I feel is a joke. Legal or not legal its kind of a technicality, and if everyone is saving money it should be OK with anyone who cares. Not a reason to hate UB-2 or the idea of UB-2.

Well, I am tired and am going to end my post now. BTW if you are going to join my ID is XXXX

(You didn't really think I was serious did you?)

One last point. Don't ever buy RCA televisions, they suck and break way to often. ProScan is the same. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying!

07-21-2002, 03:17 AM
Well...

The main problem with UB-2 is that UltimateBet excluded its long-time patrons from this promotion. No e-mails were sent, no explanations or responses to emails written to support regarding UB-2.

Existing players can download UB-2, and can play with the software by loggin in under their Ultimatebet name, but can not sign up for the new program.

Kinda upsets those who have been at the site, and can not get paid to play, rewarded for helping the site, or even get to be rewarded the same way as others. An interesting program. I hope it works!

07-21-2002, 07:44 AM
"3. People are pointing out that UB-2 may not be legal, this I feel is a joke."

I'll be sure to tell the FBI your feelings on the matter.

"Legal or not legal its kind of a technicality, and if everyone is saving money it should be OK with anyone who cares."

Are you serious? A technicality? So illegal is ok as long as we're making money? If I sell crack to kids is it ok because I'm making money on the deal. This is the most ignorant statement I have ever read on this forum. Were you being serious or was it tongue in cheek?

07-21-2002, 09:10 AM
What website???

I checked www.ultimodirect.com (http://www.ultimodirect.com) but they just sell bras. I checked ultimatebet in magicpalace, is this the same site???

Or there is another one called ultimatebet2???

07-21-2002, 09:34 AM
While I don't exactly hate UB-2, I do dislike the way its done. UB-players are not automatically given information about it. The money that you see as taken from the owners, could be used for other promotions or for lowering the rake. When it comes to the spamming part, I totally agree with you. The legality, I'm pretty sure it isn't legal to play online poker from my country anyway, so big deal.

I think the only the only thing you miss out on playing UB-2 is Ultimatepoints. That just isn't enough, maybe if the high-hand jackpot were extracted as well. The ultimatepoints can be used for the Aruba freerolls which will cost an european player quite a deal, see other post higher up in the index. Or a full month of playing will get you an autographed picture of Phill Hellmuth.

If on the other hand UB-2 gives UB more players, I don't mind it so much, as I prefer UB software to any other I have tried.

07-21-2002, 10:10 AM

07-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Their software is excellent, but it does have a couple of shortcomings.

1. Hand history: One doesnt have time to look over the hand history because the games are so fast. It is hard for me to write down hand numbers because of the speed of play, and then one has to email UB to have them sent to you.

2. At showdown, if several players are still in the hand, it is difficult to see what other players' cards are, again because of speed. They flash them up and then they are gone in a nanosecond.

Their ultimate point gimmick is a laugh. They give you a hat with their logo on it (free advertising for UB, of course) for 1500 points. I have played 21 hours the last 6 days and accumulated about 1100 points. UB might think about doing away with this and somehow combine it with the money they shouldnt give away on this UB-2 deal and use the resultant proceeds to give regular players more incentive to stay with them. Who in hell wants an autographed picture of Hellmuth /images/frown.gif Do some creative thinking, offer some new promotions that will bring in new players, do something positive that will get UB some positive PR on RGP and 2+2.

I do like their handjackpots though. I won $253 during that six day period with a 9 high sf.

I went to UB to download their software and play after I heard about the UB-2 scam. I hope to hell UB has divorced itself from that. If they havent and dont, I doubt I will play there very long. The pittance individual players will receive from UB-2 should be offered to UB regulars in the form of promotions. This should add to their player base more than this ripoff deals which will enrich only Shulman and his buddies.

I prefer 10 handed tables, but they, like PokerStars, are looking at the bottom line because 9 handed play is faster and thus gives them more rake.

Look out for the hit-and-run-pro-wannabes that set down at the 1/2 and 2/4 tables, use their ultra-aggressive tactics to win a fast hundred or two, then slink out into the back alleys to find a higher game in which to invest their new bankroll.

This site has the potential to become a great room, but they need to address the above shortcomings, tell Shulman and friends to go to hell, not put Badger of RGP on their payroll, and run some serious promotions. This UB-2 will do more to discredit them than anything else, IMHO.

Thanks if you read this far.

Don Quixote

07-21-2002, 07:05 PM
Just how do 9 handed games offer more rake? Please give a detailed example or valid explanation. I believe mathmatically you must be incorrect.

Jimbo

07-21-2002, 09:53 PM
Do you think that the Card Player folks had UB2 in mind when they fronted the $40 a tourney for the freerolls late last year. They got a nice spam list for a small up front investment. Obviously the higher on the pyramid the more profitable - so this gave them the means to get at the very top - by insider info of what was to come and the means to reach lots of people.

Just wondering...

Kevin