PDA

View Full Version : Weak TP with A kicker from blind

JackWilson
02-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Do I checkraise the flop? Don't know much about my opponents yet.
Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

spciii
02-06-2005, 12:00 PM
IMHO, I think your bet on the flop was the right play here. There's no flush and no real scare cards, unless the J got you thinking. I see no reason to put on the brakes on this line.

Redd
02-06-2005, 12:48 PM
C/R on the flop (or anywhere in this hand, the way it played out) is no good because you're unsure if any of your four opponents will bet on a pretty harmless board. Bet the flop, the turn, and the river until someone wakes up.

The only thing that I would nitpick about is A9o being a slim pf call from SB.

afk
02-06-2005, 12:54 PM
I'd play this the same way, but I'm very open to other options as well.

JackWilson
02-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I agree on the CR, that's exactly what I was thinking. In an unraised pot there's no guarantee of someone betting the flop.

Does anyone else think A9o with few players in an unraised pot is a marginal call from the SB? I don't get that...I think it's fine but I'd like to hear more opinions.

poboys
02-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Preflop. I think completing in this situation is fine. If BB doesn't raise often, you'll see the flop for cheap.

Flop. Definately lead out here. No free cards, and with a ragged flop, you have no idea who (if any) will bet. If anyone but the button leads (if you checked the flop) then all you are doing is building the pot and giving everyone odds to hang around.

Turn. I like that you took the lead again. No one has given you any indication that you are beat.

River. With three people to act, the runner-runner /images/graemlins/heart.gif isn't likely to help anyone. I see the argument for firing again, but with so many to act behind you, I'd be more inclined to check-call here.

afk
02-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Edit: misread the whole thread!

poboys
02-06-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To those advocating the check-raise, where do you expect the bet to come from, and how do you know that?

[/ QUOTE ]

So far no one has advocated a check-raise. I think what you state is exactly why. If the button bets, then the check raise could get others to fold. But, more than likely, all it will do is either build the pot or give away a free card.

afk
02-06-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To those advocating the check-raise, where do you expect the bet to come from, and how do you know that?

[/ QUOTE ]

So far no one has advocated a check-raise. I think what you state is exactly why. If the button bets, then the check raise could get others to fold. But, more than likely, all it will do is either build the pot or give away a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, good call. I totally read two separate posts wrong. Carry on!

Redd
02-06-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think A9o with few players in an unraised pot is a marginal call from the SB? I don't get that...I think it's fine but I'd like to hear more opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=micro&amp;Number=1625608&amp;Forum =,,,,,,f21,,,,,,&amp;Words=A9%20SB&amp;Searchpage=6&amp;Limit= 25&amp;Main=1620927&amp;Search=true&amp;where=sub&amp;Name=&amp;datera nge=1&amp;newerval=3&amp;newertype=m&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp; bodyprev=#Post1625608). I think with 3 callers it's on the positive side of EV, but it's close.

Nate tha' Great
02-06-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=micro&amp;Number=1625608&amp;Forum =,,,,,,f21,,,,,,&amp;Words=A9%20SB&amp;Searchpage=6&amp;Limit= 25&amp;Main=1620927&amp;Search=true&amp;where=sub&amp;Name=&amp;datera nge=1&amp;newerval=3&amp;newertype=m&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp; bodyprev=#Post1625608). I think with 3 callers it's on the positive side of EV, but it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF A9o is a ridoncuclously easy call in an unraised pot from the SB. I suppose that some of you would complete with 72s here but not A9o because "that's what SSHE says".

Redd
02-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey Nate, what's the lowest Axo you'll complete with against 3 limpers?

Nate tha' Great
02-06-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Nate, what's the lowest Axo you'll complete with against 3 limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the 15/30 I'll complete with any ace, suited or not, but that game has the weird 2/3 blind structure.

I do think there is more difference between say A9o/A8o and A3o than people generally recognize.