PDA

View Full Version : 2/5 NLHE 300 max buyin

Yodaman
02-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I post BB and pick-up Th 8h (500).
EP(my friend) limps, MP raises to 25(165), player to his left(seems to be his friend as well) calls. I call thinking I can win a big pot here. EP calls.

Flop, Qs 2h 6c, checks around.
Turn, 10d, I lead out 25$, EP calls, Raiser takes a while thinks for a while, starts babbling and then goes all in for 105$ more. His friend takes a long time to think and then folds.

I don't figure the all-in to be one to act that much if he does have a monster, he's a fairly solid player.

I know my friend wouldnt bluff me, and we had agreed to give big losses we do to each other after if it does happen. Not sure if thats right to do but anyway,

I Call? Fold?

AAallin
02-06-2005, 09:41 AM
You fold. Bcoz he maight have QQ easily. I would never bet on raised pot with 10 on turn, only action y can get is re-raise. And y definetly cannt call this reraise, becoz y actualy dont have anything. So why to bet? better check. With this type of hands y can play only if y hit them hard on flop and not in any other way.

Yodaman
02-06-2005, 10:32 AM
I really didn't think he would have QQ because I highly doubted him to be on that would put on such an act for as long as he took. He also stated, "I don't think any of you have a pair." I know I really shouldn't put that into much consideration, but it triggered me to think he was semi-bluffing AK or AJ for his outs.

I ended up calling on. He had AK, river was a Q.

freemoney
02-06-2005, 01:37 PM
I really hate your play, your calling 25 when a guy only has 165 in front of him, you cant really win a big pot here, i never raise when the 10 comes as the PF raiser (a solid player) with not too much is trying to let someone get a little piece, and not risking too much because he is short stacked, i mean in this situation you won but basically you called $160 with midpair weak kicker, not good poker.